Photo

Victoria auto mechanic recommendations

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 ijackson57

ijackson57
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hmmm...didn't know a place like that existed!

#42 ijackson57

ijackson57
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thanks Rob...I won't resort to that just yet!
IJ :-)

#43 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Park facing down a hill, then pop the clutch to git 'er goin'.

#44 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,097 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Jade Automotive on Pembroke. Some of the last honest mechanics around. And very competent.

#45 James Bay walker

James Bay walker

CustomUserTitle

• 558 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

told me to get one of those solar battery maintainers, which did nothing to help.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
IJ

I agree with disconnecting the battery when not in use (true, your car clock won't keep good time). If this proves tiresome, you could add an 'interruptor' switch between the battery and the car's electrical system, so you could more conveniently disconnect/reconnect the battery from inside the car.

jbw

ps. I've a Cdn Tire lifetime warranty battery's that been replaced from time to time these past twenty years (they're not selling car batteries with lifetime warranties anymore, though). I'd hope they'll continue to honour their lifetime battery warranty with me at least until either my car or I pass on.

#46 martini

martini
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Vic West Auto
http://vicwestauto.ca/
Best rate and service in town.

#47 ijackson57

ijackson57
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Thanks so far, everyone, I'll check these recommendations out :-)
IJ

#48 martini

martini
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Thanks so far, everyone, I'll check these recommendations out :-)
IJ

If you phone Vic West, tell him Sunshine sent you. :)

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

Any recommendations for a mechanic that specializes in undercarriage repairs/tuneups? I'm not talking about brakes and such, but steering systems, etc. The natural assumption is Big-O tires and their ilk but if there are any recommendations I'll gladly take them.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#50 johnk

johnk
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

Lyall Street Service in Esquimalt right at the end where the CFB parking lot is.

#51 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

Oh yeah? You know, I've passed by that place on so many occasions and it never registered as a shop in my brain. Hmm.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#52 johnk

johnk
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

Oh yeah? You know, I've passed by that place on so many occasions and it never registered as a shop in my brain. Hmm.

They are car guys. One guy likes muscle cars and one likes sports cars. Good hourly rates, too.

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Got it. I'll drop in on them.

Know it all.

#54 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

Victoria transmission and auto care downtown.

Matt.

#55 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Any recommendations for a mechanic that specializes in undercarriage repairs/tuneups?

Sonica need her belly scratched?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#56 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

Nope, the truck just needs to get an inspection to ensure everything is in good order.

Know it all.

#57 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,653 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Nope, the truck just needs to get an inspection to ensure everything is in good order.

I've taken my wife's truck to Dunsmuir Automotive in town off Government for a few years now and have zero complaints. Not the cheapest shop in town then again I'm not a believer in cheaping out on vehicle maintenance particularly, so its a moot point IMO; and of course they know their stuff very well.

#58 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,005 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

Crawl under with a flashlight.  I'll lend you my jack, which just happens to be "licenced branded merchandise" by the same guys who built your truck :) 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#59 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:28 PM

Any recommendations for a mechanic that specializes in undercarriage repairs/tuneups? I'm not talking about brakes and such, but steering systems, etc. The natural assumption is Big-O tires and their ilk but if there are any recommendations I'll gladly take them.

Glanford Auto is good for all manner of repairs.

#60 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,653 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Oy...aaaaaand just in time for Christmas: a $1400 repair bill for my wife's truck. Thankfully we have a dog and two cats and so have lots of dry and wet food on hand to eat heading into the holidays. Kicker is my SUV is also ailing. I was going to take it in next week but I think I'll put that off until after the holiday$. Ouch.......

• jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users