Photo

Photo Trivia

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Correct! That is one sweet piece of waterfront property. I assume it's leased from the Songhees community. I noticed it when I was looking for that new Camosun campus. What did that building used to be, anyway?

#42 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

.......What did that building used to be, anyway?

Basically built as a marine industries training centre that Camosun eventually took over completely:

"Formerly owned by SkillSource, a skills training organization based in Langley, BC, IMTARC has provided training focused on industrial marine programs. They have also subletted space to local industry and training organizations, including Camosun.  SkillSource and Camosun began discussions in April 2016 and concluded the deal to transfer the facility in December.

The original construction and outfitting of IMTARC was funded by the federal regional development agency of Western Economic Diversification. Funding was also contributed by industry, including Seaspan Shipyards, BC Ferries, Babcock Canada, Lockheed Martin Canada, and Thales Canada. Camosun will continue to work with the original partners to provide their training and development needs."

#43 todd

todd
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Are those Tinto Rocks I see?

Where are the original Tinto Rocks today? I had heard they were moved elsewhere in the municipality but never been able to track them down precisely.

#44 SimonH

SimonH
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

Where are the original Tinto Rocks today? I had heard they were moved elsewhere in the municipality but never been able to track them down precisely.

I think Tinto Rocks are currently on tour promoting a new album.

( Gets coat and leaves)

• todd likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.