• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,163 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

That's quite the conspiracy theory.

Someone should have told Sean Holmen that there were shadow organizations throwing money around for high profile bloggers.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#22 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think the love affair between the lamestream media and the premier's office is now over judging by today's events. That is unless we see some more staff changes.

Sorry for the commercial, but the news clip that was on Global was brutal. Good eye maniac78.

Sara is new this week, fresh from Ottawa..... watch her go to work.

Mike we may need to expand the name of this thread to encompass daily changes. Mike? Mike? You still there? :)

http://www.globaltvb...914#only online

There will be another clip with Keith Baldry's take today.

"She is pushing a boulder up a hill."

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,163 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yup, we could change the title. Any ideas on what to call it?

That video is incredible. Her new PR person should be ashamed of herself.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

BC Government?

The Liberal Party of BC?

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ions-style.html

#25 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Sara MacIntyre, Christy Clark's new Director of Non-communication.

#26 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sara MacIntyre, Christy Clark's new Director of Non-communication.

So Aaron....someone is helping you?

#27 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

This government should be embarrassed that it hired someone like that. Totally unqualified and unprofessional... my jaw has never dropped so far watching a video.
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#28 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

^ agreed, sad isn't it.

#29 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

^Am I missing something? I thought it was common in politics for flunkies, er, advisers to comply when the boss says to them "I'm not taking questions today".
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#30 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

^ good point...but do you need to be a dork to get your job done?

First week on the job and she's on the six o clock news coming across like the soup Nazi.

Is this the way we want our government to communicate with us?

#31 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

That's quite the conspiracy theory.

Someone should have told Sean Holmen that there were shadow organizations throwing money around for high profile bloggers.

I never said that every blogger wrote for food. Sean was one of the better bloggers but looked what happens when you try the altruistic route.

#32 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,163 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

I never said that every blogger wrote for food. Sean was one of the better bloggers but looked what happens when you try the altruistic route.

Sean spent more years (eight) bringing us real news than most people's careers with any one company, heck, even any one career path. I wouldn't call that a failure of an altruistic blogger.

When VV was first published in 2006 some groups throughout the city believed we were on the payroll of developers and industry types. They discounted what we wrote and the content on this forum as nothing by chatter among skyscraper fanboys. As I wrote elsewhere, that opinion still permeates among some groups as we saw recently with Ken Johnson's (of the Hallmark Society) passing comment about us participating in civic matters.

Six yeas later we're still here, still spending our own money to keep the place running and as far as we are aware we're not under the wing of a shadow financier.

If you do know of any bloggers who are funded and are not disclosing their funding, bring it to light. It shouldn't be a secret.

Know it all.

#33 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

^ Nicely worded Mike....I would assume that the cheque for my moderator's fee is in the mail?

#34 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

^ good point...but do you need to be a dork to get your job done?

First week on the job and she's on the six o clock news coming across like the soup Nazi.

Is this the way we want our government to communicate with us?

True, a seasoned adviser would be more chummy with the reporters he's herded for years. "C'mon, guys; no questions today. We'll try again tomorrow" and the reporters would whine like schoolboys getting a pop exam. A variation on this game is repeated daily.

This newbie was being a bit too earnest for their liking, and the pack picked up on this and it looked like they were trying to provoke her ("This isn't Ottawa! It's BC!) into completely losing it on them in front of the cameras.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#35 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

^ :)

#36 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

True, a seasoned adviser would be more chummy with the reporters he's herded for years. "C'mon, guys; no questions today. We'll try again tomorrow" and the reporters would whine like schoolboys getting a pop exam. A variation on this game is repeated daily.

This newbie was being a bit too earnest for their liking, and the pack picked up on this and it looked like they were trying to provoke her ("This isn't Ottawa! It's BC!) into completely losing it on them in front of the cameras.

For all intents and purposes, she did lose it :)
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#37 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

And she was chewing gum throughout this whole process! Nice touch. Welcome to BC Sara!

#38 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,163 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

You get what you pay for. Or Christy Clark's money can't buy the right person for the job. Either of the two :)

Know it all.

#39 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

So Aaron....someone is helping you?

naww, its just when I saw that video, my head shock so much in disbelief that almost fell off my neck

#40 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

She was definitely irritated with the press, which doesnt bold well for either Christy or the Liberals. They keep on shooting themselves in the foot it seems.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users