Photo

Atwal Affair and the BC Liberals

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Seems to me like she was feeling intimidated and out of her depth, and was only able to shield this with this combative facade.

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

People's true character comes out when under duress.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

You get what you pay for. Or Christy Clark's money can't buy the right person for the job. Either of the two :)

These two definitely deserve each other - it's a match made in heaven. ;)
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#44 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

This government should be embarrassed that it hired someone like that. Totally unqualified and unprofessional... my jaw has never dropped so far watching a video.

That was one hell of a classy broad eh? :o:confused::rolleyes:

#45 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Well I don't know. First day on the job and the local media senses they can make a story out of it so they keep pestering her. Normally if an old hand at the job had said "Sorry, the premier won't be taking any questions today" that would have been the end of it.

All in all though, it was a pretty amateur job she did, I'm guessing she is somebody's relative who had connections with the Libs to land this gig.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

She's Harper's former press secretary so one would expect she'd have had enough experience.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

She's Harper's former press secretary so one would expect she'd have had enough experience.

Well, it comes down to the fact that there are two clashing media-handling styles at play here because the government is in the middle of transitioning to a new strategy on a dime. Also, it has a bit to do with the fact that normally there is a press secretary to handle the day-to-day media relations, while the director of communications can focus on crafting government messaging.

Christy, over the first year, initially tried to be very accessible to the media, since she was one of them for a while, even if it was just to keep her name out there. But since talking too much seems to just mess things up, they've abruptly switched tactics, bringing in dear old Sara in to run this heavily controlled, scripted "Harperite" style.

"Line up at a microphone and when I call your name, you get 30 seconds"? That's not how it's been done in BC, even with the media dozing through the last 10 years. They're not about to put up with it now.

That and Sara's doing both jobs now (Christy fired Chris Olsen and didn't replace him, and she re-assigned the old DoC, Shane Mills, to "issues management").

So even though I'd normally be inclined to give her a little credit, I can't because of her juvenile and brash way of handling, and the Harper style, which I already despise. She's using the Tory media playbook in Victoria, which is deliberate, of course, and the media already hates it.
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#48 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Global ran a little piece tonight at 6:00 reflecting what happened yesterday...nothing much really....a little housekeeping.

At the end of the piece the voiceover chap said it really hasn't been that great of a week for Christy.

Then he said........................"but it's only Thursday" :)

I made a mental note to self.......never piss off the guy that owns his own camera crew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users