Photo

Len Barrie's legal problems (part 2)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Well that is certainly going to dissapoint some of the radical fringe around here who are sure that Len Barrie has to be gulity because they have invested hours and hours in that theory! Must be a cover up! To the streets!

No doubt that the RCMP is in cohoots with Barrie.

Case closed. Time for everyone to move on.

#62 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

No charges against Bear Mountain developer Len Barrie: Crown

No charges will be laid against Bear Mountain developer Len Barrie after a lengthy RCMP investigation. [...]

http://www.vancouver...8067/story.html

#63 Victoria Contractor

Victoria Contractor
  • Banned
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

If anyone cares Len was due in court this month in a civil matter, but the case was postponed.  He's the plaintiff

#64 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

If anyone cares Len was due in court this month in a civil matter, but the case was postponed.  He's the plaintiff

Don't care.

#65 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:53 PM

Going down the Langford rabbit hole the past week with all the recent stories, and I started to wonder, what is Len Barrie up to these days? Does anyone know?

• Brayvehart likes this

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

Langford rabbit hole, ie deflecting from the disaster that is the CoV?
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#67 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:29 PM

Well, we can all speculate on the purpose of the recent attention, but nevertheless it is there lol. But, back to the question. Any idea what Len is up to these days?

• Brayvehart likes this

#68 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:21 PM

Nadda. There isn’t really much out there. The whole BM saga could have gone very differently had the 2008 market crash not reared its head.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#69 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,837 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:05 PM

Details

Kristy Barrie is a bit of a modern-day-renaissance-woman ... mastering many crafts including carpentry, home building, interior design & real estate! She is the ultimate character, supportive mom to Victoria & her NHL playing son, Tyson Barrie of the Toronto Maple Leafs & better half of NHL Alumni & former owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Len Barrie. Her life in the hockey world started when Len charmed her with his 1980's HockeyHair & sleek Trans-Am ... she has some of the best laugh-out-loud tales of them all!

2019 podcast:

https://www.himalaya...barrie-76138756

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 April 2021 - 04:06 PM.

#70 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:45 PM

Well, we can all speculate on the purpose of the recent attention, but nevertheless it is there lol. But, back to the question. Any idea what Len is up to these days?

As far as I know he is living in Scottsdale Arizona and playing a lot of golf.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#71 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:44 AM

LB's old Bear Mountain abode is still the biggest, baddest shack on the entire hill ... and probably always will be.

I wonder which billionaire gets to wake up to that view these days?

• todd likes this

#72 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:53 AM

And what a view it is.

I was up there scoping a few things out and new houses on South Skirt are selling for $1.1-1.2M. Long gone are the days people remember of the 90s, when Langford was a hokey version of Gordon Head.

Now that all being said, this location would make for one heck of a billionaire’s compound if you ask me:
https://goo.gl/maps/eyLTwpLrkXzSXJEZA
  • Dr. Barillas likes this

Know it all.

#73 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,837 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

I wonder which billionaire gets to wake up to that view these days?

Buyers Gurmit Singh Uppal and his family also will pay $50,000 for personal property in the 12,500-square-foot mansion built in 2008 for Bear Mountain developer Barrie.

https://vancouversun...n-in-langford?r

#74 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:51 PM

LB's old Bear Mountain abode is still the biggest, baddest shack on the entire hill ... and probably always will be.

Most definitely, we attended some great parties there, two or three chefs cooking the food, whiskey bar, wine bar, martini bar, serving girls.

Ah, the good old days.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#75 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:19 AM

As long as we're on billionaire retreats, and still in the Westshore, I've always been fascinated by this place as well ... in that it's not only the largest developed single family dwelling in View Royal, it's also got multiple private beaches as well as a private "semi-island" with a rather large dock and boat house:

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Dr. Barillas likes this

#76 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:32 AM

I believe I know who resides there, but I wouldn't want to speak to it publicly. The person is well known in the community.

Know it all.

#77 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:26 AM

I believe I know who resides there, but I wouldn't want to speak to it publicly. The person is well known in the community.

Fraser McColl. Public info.

Edited by spanky123, 13 April 2021 - 10:28 AM.

• Mike K. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users