Photo

Extreme Victoria Weather

• Please log in to reply
3642 replies to this topic

#3641 mbjj

mbjj
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

I grew up one block from the Cowichan River in Duncan and in the 1960s my two dogs and I could regularly walk across it with water below my knees. And I'm short, lol, so the river was regularly quite low by summer. When the city fire siren sounded in summer, we had to run and turn off all our taps so there was sufficient water pressure for the firemen.

#3642 RFS

RFS
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

I grew up one block from the Cowichan River in Duncan and in the 1960s my two dogs and I could regularly walk across it with water below my knees. And I'm short, lol, so the river was regularly quite low by summer. When the city fire siren sounded in summer, we had to run and turn off all our taps so there was sufficient water pressure for the firemen.

Nowadays I think your bigger problem would be all the needles 

#3643 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,034 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

The first storm of the season approaching off the B.C. coast is expected to make landfall Saturday morning, according to weather projections.

Heavy winds pushing into the 80 and 90km/h range are forecasted along with heavy rains along the west coast of the Island.

The western shores of Vancouver Island are expected to feel the brunt of the storm, as are coastal areas along the Juan de Fuca, Haro and Georgia straits due to the possibility of strong outflow winds.

• todd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users