Justin Trudeau

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#381 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,000 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

^^ except that tax cuts would further increase how much cash those folks have as cuts would happen before they get benefits like the CCB... So Trudeau is still wrong; if they pay tax (which they do, on any income over ~11k per person for standard scenario), a cut would reduce that, leaving more money in their pocket.

#382 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 778 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

^^ except that tax cuts would further increase how much cash those folks have as cuts would happen before they get benefits like the CCB... So Trudeau is still wrong; if they pay tax (which they do, on any income over ~11k per person for standard scenario), a cut would reduce that, leaving more money in their pocket.

They're talking net tax. 40% of Canadian households have enough tax credits from various programmes to reduce their net tax liability to 0. 

Further tax cuts make no difference to people in this scenario.

Edited by Mattjvd, 19 February 2019 - 11:13 AM.

#383 LJ

LJ
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Stephen Harper's long game.....

http://www.poletical...er-strategy.php

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#384 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 2,292 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

What is the perceived benefit of linking to outrageous and almost criminally biased right wing web sites, this solely in order to further ones own personal and political agenda?

Is it in the belief that you'll change somebodies mind, or is it in the belief that folks will click on the link and simply fail to realize that they have just opened a completely biased, highly inaccurate web page of no value whatsoever.

Here ... I'll offer up this in response https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/ (it has about the same value in terms of unbiased accuracy ... in other words, no value whatsoever). You may disagree with the contents ... but at least it reads like it wasn't written by complete nut jobs, unlike your link above.

• Brayvehart likes this

#385 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,538 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

If it didn’t have an effect on you, you wouldn’t have taken the time to voice your criticism. To someone reading your response the question immediately arises, “does Cassidy know or believe there’s truth to some of the content in that material, and it bothers him enough to say such things as it’s ‘outrageous’ and ‘criminally biased right wing’ content without quantifying what is outrageous and criminally biased?”

The next question is, “does Cassidy need to quantify his overtly strong and animated feelings before others, so as to disparage that which he doesn’t like in the hopes that other people will react in unison with him to further downplay that which now he and another individual don’t like?”

The floor is yours. Set the record straight. Quantify what is outrageous or criminally biased with a retort that settles the score, and quantify that reference as a sham if it deserves to be dismissed.
  • rjag and LJ like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#386 rjag

rjag
  • 4,864 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

I read the link from LJ, didnt bother me, I saw there was some assumptions and it was leading but outrageous? Criminal? Nope. Its a story about a theory on the long game and there may some merit to it or not. 

Its also important to remember Harper was elected PM 3 times, he must have been doing something that resonated with the voter, but as usual we vote people out not in, except in this latest debacle where the man-crush was what got Junior elected and as Harper had said, we are finding out, he just wasnt ready....

https://nationalpost...-prime-minister

• LJ likes this

#387 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 2,292 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

Let's start off with the premise that the story linked to "had an efffect on me" ... and clarify that, in fact, it had no effect whatsoever.

I merely read it for what it was, which was a bunch of nonsense. 

Indeed, there are an equal number of websites which proffer the same sort of nonsense, but rather they do it from the left ... or the "far" left.

My question was basically very simple ... what is the perceived benefit of linking to these nonsense websites, regardless of what kind of garbage they're trying to sell to those members of the public that, due to their own efforts to understand the world just a bit better ... take the time to recognize utter nonsense when they see it.

#388 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,538 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

If you would take the time to quantify what it is about the content that deserves your reaction to it, that would help us better prepare for dialogue with you.

You may not realize you’re doing it but you’re posing questions while erecting walls, aka looking for an answer but constructing an environment that won’t provide you with one.
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#389 rjag

rjag
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

For me I will post a link to something that I find interesting and wish to share it, if theres a dialogue as a result then even better. But the issue I think for you is not what was posted here but who determines what is worthy of being posted....ie censorship. Ive seen some nonsense from Rabble.ca and the Guardian...without even opening the link I know it will be left wing biased. If its of a subject I have an interest in, I'll open it just to see what the different perspective is....but it would be very hard for me to read it without interpreting it through my own bias...

Dialogue is great, debate is better

#390 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

It seems to me that these days censorship is OK as long it's cutting out the voices you don't want to hear....

• rjag likes this

#391 rjag

rjag
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

It seems to me that these days censorship is OK as long it's cutting out the voices you don't want to hear....

Or its as simple as choosing who to respond to and who not....but you should have the choice

#392 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,538 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Or are concerned others will hear.

Know it all.

#393 Wayne

Wayne
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

JT continues to be an embarrassment. But now has my vote as one of our worst Prime Ministers.

https://nationalpost...ns-violated-law

http://www.msn.com/e...Pf?ocid=DELLDHP

https://nationalpost...-lavalin-affair

#394 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:43 AM

It should be illegal to disagree with me on a bigot or russian would 

Edited by PraiseKek, 09 April 2019 - 11:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users