Photo

299km/h motorbike ride on Highway 1 - Discussions and developments

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Speeding motorcycle rider posts video of himself weaving in and out of traffic at up to almost 300 Km/h

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ycle-video.html

This is a 7-10 Km trip in a almost two minutes. Any ideas what the start and stop points are?

You tube link from the article, worth a view

SIUTXIsJz3o

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

The start is just past the Thetis Lake overpass and the end is just before the Langford Parkway intersection.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

That is idiotic.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#4 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,088 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

One inadvertently timed lane change by a car.......and they would be gathering up this fool with a sponge.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

He would have ripped a car to shreds traveling at 300km/h. Luckily he hasn't killed anyone -- yet. Judging by his behaviour this is not the first and the not the last time he'll do something like this.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Robb

Robb
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Speeding motorcycle rider posts video of himself weaving in and out of traffic at up to almost 300 Km/h

This deserves jail time.

#7 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Gotta love that CBC article. Even veteran officers are shocked. A recording always makes something more shocking.

The first thing I thought of was that young guy who blew three of his limbs off after wiping out on the Pat Bay highway several years back. They ended up re-attaching his left arm on his right side, if I recall correctly. Or vice versa.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Too bad he didn't pass seb and his dash cam.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

So when exactly did this happen? The cops must have received several 911 calls from drivers and other witnesses at the time, surely? From the article, you'd think this is the first that they've heard of it.

#10 snaptee

snaptee
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

This piece of garbage has almost killed himself in the past doing moronic things in traffic. Thanks to idiots like him, responsible riders can once again expect to be harassed by police this season. The sooner he turns himself into a road crayon, the better for everyone.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

^ Ok and from that link it says
Or is this now inaccurate?

No, I think it's clear that they had involvement with residents of the building though.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Too bad he didn't pass seb and his dash cam.

Doubtful it would have even picked up his licence plate at that speed.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#13 Robb

Robb
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Doubtful it would have even picked up his licence plate at that speed.

I can't see someone stupid enough to do this and post it to YouTube not telling *anyone* about it.

I think it's just a matter of time before a friend-of-a-friend type who heard about it goes to the police.

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Somebody out there, somewhere, must have seen this guy and could identify the colour of the bike, the colour of the helmet and perhaps a partial plate. He had to slow down once he got to Langford Parkway.

Know it all.

#15 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

I've seen riders like this before. The theory is if you go fast enough nobody can get your plate number.

Anybody tried magnifying the windscreen decal to see what is there? It is visible at 1:48 min.

#16 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,088 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

OK Vibrant Victoria. Bingo has just asked the question.

Is there information contained in the video that could be used to identify the bike or the rider (read fool)?

This might be more fun than finding mountains.

#17 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

There are many identifying marks on the windscreen, much like a fingerprint. Perhaps this person will hit a tree at that speed, and forsensics can match up what's left of the screen

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

It appears to be a standard decal on the windshield. Ironically it says "CAUTION"

Know it all.

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

So we have a bright blue Yamaha that can be further identified (year and model) by anyone who knows enough about those bikes.

Furthermore, bikes are typically registered in drier months so the list can be further reduced to only those insured.

Know it all.

#20 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

We know it was a later model Japanese bike.

And it was blue:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users