BUILT
Boardwalk
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 2950 Jutland Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Boardwalk is a mixed-use six storey office, commercial and rental residential building in Victoria's Burnside-... (view full profile)
Learn more about Boardwalk on Citified.ca
Photo

[Burnside Gorge] Selkirk Waterfront Community | Built - completed in 2015

Office Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Plans for Selkirk Waterfront's last undeveloped property have morphed from a residential building with groundfloor retail into a mixed-use office, residential and commercial building.

Also, Fortis (Terasen) is vacating its space after 20 years at Selkirk and plans are underway to re-locate the operation to the west shore. Fortis was one of the initial tenants at Selkirk and gave the project its first major line of support.

Of course with Fortis moving out, this positions the surface parking/maintenance yard at Selkirk for some form of redevelopment.

More in the article below.

Selkirk-Waterfront.jpg
Mixed-use office and residential project last piece of the puzzle at Selkirk Waterfront

By Mike Kozakowski, VibrantVictoria.ca
Mixed-use office and residential project last piece of the puzzle at Selkirk Waterfront | VibrantVictoria.ca

Jawl Properties has applied to the City of Victoria with a zoning variance request for the last remaining undeveloped parcel at the Selkirk Waterfront Community along the Gorge waterway.

Company representative Robert Jawl says the initial plans for 2950 Jutland Road envisioned a six-storey residential building with commercial space along the groundfloor. However, strong demand for office space at Selkirk has recently lead to a re-think of the project to include a mix of offices, residences and commercial space.

“Several office tenants at Selkirk are bursting at the seams and would like to remain within the community. Our plans are for a 65,000 square foot mixed-use building that could start construction by early 2013,” Jawl said. [Read more]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

A couple of Corazon-style buildings would be great back there.

#3 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Ah, there goes my water view.... It was great while it lasted. I guess it will probably be a year or more before the building is up. So I assume that the new building will go up in the current location of the parking lot in front of the docks?

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

That's correct, but construction will likely start next year and completion will follow sometime in 2014.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Not sure if we've seen this image before:
http://www.burnsideg...50-jutland-road

Also, the school wants to do a little expansion:
http://www.burnsideg...gorge-road-east

#6 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Fencing is up on site for this one and digging to start in the next few days. Waiting in anticipation to see what Jawl does with this site :)
"I know nothing"

#7 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,082 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

A great site development in general. Top marks from me...(Selkirk as a whole)

#8 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Wow this is exciting! Totally forgot about this one.

#9 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hoarding is being erected and site-prep is well underway.

6-storey Boardwalk project to complete Selkirk Waterfront
By Mike Kozakowski
6-storey Boardwalk project to complete Selkirk Waterfront | VibrantVictoria.ca

Site preparation and excavation has begun on The Boardwalk, a six storey mixed-use office, commercial and condo project at Burnside-Gorge’s Selkirk Waterfront Community.

After 20 years of construction on industrial land once occupied by a lumber processing facility, Boardwalk will rise above Selkirk Waterfront’s last un-developed parcel and complete one of the most successful mixed-use urban redevelopment projects in Victoria.

Originally planned as a condo building with groundfloor retail, developer Jawl Properties decided to re-envision the site (officially located at 2950 Jutland Road) and accommodate several of Selkirk Waterfront’s existing office tenants “bursting at the seems,” as company representative Robert Jawl stated earlier in the year. [Read more]

Know it all.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Doug Clement Photography

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

That's the Railyards! Get your Gorge Waterway/Upper Harbour harbourside walkable/livable/environmentally friendly urban renewal projects right, VHF.

Know it all.

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Damn it, that's what I though when it was posted on my page (with the Selkirk label), then I rethought it and went along.

But you are right:

Link to map
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#14 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Here's a view of the new building from the water. Construction should be starting soon.

Image from the Selkirk waterfront Facebook page - http://www.facebook....503302893036544

#15 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

The eight residential units will be on the first two floors at the back of the building overlooking the water.

#16 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

OH MY GOD IT'S A MASSIVE FIVE STOREY HULKING TOWER THAT WILL OVERSHADOW THE HARBOUR AND RUIN THE VIEWS! :wave:

Seriously, dare I say this is a handsome, modern looking building. I like it!

#17 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

^^ Construction has started they have already excavated almost to waterline.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#18 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

This excavation goes to below sealevel it was obvious when I was there today that the ocean was higher than the hole.

#19 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

shows me how long since I have been down there, I have missed the start of construction.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

The view Vic West.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users