Missing Persons

• Please log in to reply
906 replies to this topic

#1 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Vibrant Victoria has become known as a place to garner information about our wonderful city. We should always be mindful that we can offer more.

Recently, one of our members posted their concern about a missing friend. Happily, that friend was located, and all is well.

This thread is being made available to anyone that has a concern about a friend or family member that may be lost or in harm's way.

It can happen. There are other forums that address this topic in BC.

Here is one. http://www.unsolvedc...hp?topic=5745.0

Here is another. Read the Community alert for Victoria. http://wenswritings.wordpress.com/

Further to above. http://wenswritings....by-tom-m-brown/

Please be helpful if you feel there is a need.

#2 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Thanks weirdie. The facebook page you have linked to now shows the two missings as found and as such I am going to delete your post as it is no longer needed.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thanks seb, they were thankfully found some time between my post and just getting home and checking now.

#4 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Amber Alert issued in B.C.

An Amber Alert has been issued in southeastern B.C. for a three-year-old boy police say may have been abducted by his father.

The RCMP is requesting assistance in locating Alvin Barnet from the Elk Valley area, near the Alberta border.

The child is possibly travelling with a man in a blue 2002 Subaru Outback with B.C. licence 347SBL.

Police said the vehicle was believed to be heading south on Highway 93.

Police say anyone who spots the vehicle should not approach it but should call 911.

http://news.ca.msn.c...rt-issued-in-bc

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:40 AM

The story of missing person Harold Backer is a sad but interesting one. At first glance, he simply failed to return home from a cycling trip. The story, however, is much more complex than that.

Kip McDaniel is a former member of the Canadian National Rowing Team and founding editor of Chief Investment Officer, a financial news source. He has penned an insider's view into the life of a driven man whose accomplishments include scholar, olympian, financier, husband, father, fraudster, criminal, conman, and now fugitive, aptly named "The Departed." An interesting read about a man that used to call Vancouver Island home.

http://www.ai-cio.co...e-Departed.aspx

• Rob Randall and Jill like this

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

Great piece!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

I particularly liked the editor's note.

• Rob Randall likes this

#8 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

Ben Kilmer went missing under mysterious circumstances. Blood was found in his vehicle which was still running. 

Now we are told that there are two more men, Dan Archbald and Ryan Daly, that have been reported missing. 

All three men went missing on the same day. Dan and Ryan were last seen after clearing customs in Ucluelet. They had just completed a sailing trip from Panama. 

What the heck is going on out there?

https://www.ladysmit...en-in-ucluelet/

• jonny likes this

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

Oh wow, Sparky. That’s quite the coincidence.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

...the video shows 37-year-old Dan Archbald walking toward the parking lot at the small crafts boat dock in Ucluelet with a large duffel bag, followed by his friend 43-year-old Ryan Daley. It's believed to be the last time the pair were seen.

"They're picking up these massive duffel bags and walking with intention into the parking lot it looked like they were walking toward a vehicle that was waiting for them," said Matheson.

A few days earlier they had arrived in Ucluelet on Archbald's yacht, Astral Blue, after an eight week sailing trip from Panama.

https://www.cheknews...ing-men-454779/

#11 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

Massive duffel bags + Panama = ???

• Matt R. and Kilo95 like this

#12 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

= clothes and other personal items required for an 8 week sailing trip.

#13 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Massive duffel bags + Panama = ???

= clothes and other personal items required for an 8 week sailing trip.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think they may have been involved in something criminal. Did you see those massive bags in the surveillance video? Sure, it's not great to speculate but c'mon. Two young guys returning from Panama, with massive duffel bags, and moor in Ucluelet but were planning on going to Jordan River? Why not stop the boat in Renfrew or Sooke? Something doesn't add up.. 

• Nparker likes this

#14 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Why not stop the boat in Renfrew or Sooke?

Ucluelet is a port of call with customs. Renfrew and Sooke are not.

#15 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

I'd bet the bags would've clothes and they were planning on getting them cleaned. Not really unusual. I'm sure two guys coming from Panama in a sail boat got a good searching by the CBSA.

#16 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

Serious boaters don't carry suitcases.

They carry duffel bags.

Nothing unusual about a big duffel bag on a boat ... any boat, going anywhere.

#17 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

The bigger question would be if a drop was done near Bamfield or the Broken group prior to getting to Uclulet.
"I know nothing"

#18 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Not everyone returned to the Norwegian Pearl last weekend.

Victoria Police Officers are asking for your help in locating missing 36-year-old man Lloyd Takana who failed to return to a cruise ship just before midnight on June 2nd, 2018...Lloyd was granted a shore pass and departed from the cruise ship the Norwegian Pearl on June 2nd, 2018. He may have been in the downtown Victoria area that night...

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

So we have one man missing from Cowichan, two men missing after leaving Ucluelet, a woman’s body discovered in a Courtenay/Comox river which police are not yet ruling out as an accidental death (not to mention she was NOT reported missing) and now a cruise ship passenger has gone missing.

Full VicPD release:

Victoria, BC- Officers are asking for your help in locating missing 36-year-old man Lloyd Takana who failed to return to a cruise ship just before midnight on June 2nd, 2018.

Lloyd is described as a 36-year-old Black man with a slim build who stands approximately five feet, ten inches tall. Lloyd has a shaved head and was recently seen wearing a pair of modern flat sunglasses and a heavy silver neck chain. However, there is no precise information available for what he was wearing when he departed the ship. A recent photograph of Lloyd is below.

Lloyd was granted a shore pass and departed from the cruise ship the Norwegian Pearl on June 2nd, 2018. He may have been in the downtown Victoria area that night. Officers were called when his failure to return to the ship was noted by staff.

If you see Lloyd, call 911. If you have information about him please call our non-emergency line at (250) 995-7654 or your local police department. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Know it all.

#20 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

If he was granted a shore pass he was a worker on the ship - not a passenger.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users