Photo

Victoria HarbourCats - Collegiate league at Royal Athletic Park

• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

#541 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:02 AM

Fitting, because Bernie's throwing error led to one Corvallis run earlier on in the game.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#542 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

Facebook VIDEO, winning run.  Watch Bernie after he hits it.  Honestly, I could not see exactly where the ball landed.  The centre-fielder was twisted a bit in knows, as he had to go back to the ball... but I think when he grabbed it off the ground it was right beside him.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#543 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

It should have been a fly ball out, honestly. The coaches had the outfielders playing in aggressively. Even still, the centre fielder almost caught it!

#544 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

I must say, this was a well pitched game on both sides. Probably the best pitched game I have seen at this level.

Another interesting play was the Corvallis home run. Our left fielder really should have caught that ball as it barely cleared the fence, but he misread it and charged in before realizing how well struck that ball was and had to scramble back.

#545 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Ya wind was a bit of a factor yesterday...
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#546 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

With the HarbourCats 1 win away from their first WCL Championship following Saturday night's thrilling win, we are pleased to inform our fans that we will provide a FREE audio/video webcast of game 2 (and 3 if necessary) from Corvallis!

The webcast will be through UStream.tv (link: http://www.ustream.t...el/Wvpb7u5Pztg)

HarbourCats play-by-play broadcaster Jonathan Hodgson will have the call, with first pitch at 6:40pm from Goss Stadium in Corvallis. Hodgson calls all home games on Go LIVE Broadcasts, and teamed with Steve Duffy on Shaw TV's HarbourCats Game of the Week, produced by Go LIVE Broadcasts and producer Chris Jaycox.

The great fans of Victoria have had so much passion for the team this season, and we don't want you to miss out on what could be a historic occasion in Corvallis.

The webcast link will be re-posted in gameday social media posts on Monday as well as being provided on www.harbourcats.com.

#547 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

So, Bernie has his own cheering section, a whole crew of folks waving the Taiwan flag.  It's quite the thing to see.  

20768071_1634756609876025_70985351685924

#548 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

It has been thought and said by many that Victoria city council could not run a popcorn stand.

At Wednesday night’s HarbourCats baseball game, the only concession that sells hotdogs is operated by the city. Can you believe, they ran out of hotdogs about halfway into the game?

And they think they can build a bridge or manage a grandiose plan that they are proposing for the Inner Harbour shoreline?

Only in Victoria.

http://www.timescolo...tand-1.21638709

Today:

File_000 (298).jpeg

File_001 (123).jpeg

#549 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

Why in the world is the City of Victoria operating a hot dog stand?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#550 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

I think the changes is due to wage cost constraints. A unionized City employee who has their hot dog handling certification makes $30 an hour while it only costs $25 an hour for someone who can hand out drinks and bags of candy.

#551 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

How can it be news to you that Royal Athletic Park has concession stands?

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#552 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

They ran out of Mars Bars on Friday, never restocked for Sat/Sun.  Lame.  At $2.50 a bar retail (buy for 55-75 cents wholesale) you'd think they could go get some.

#553 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

They ran out of Mars Bars on Friday, never restocked for Sat/Sun.  Lame.  At $2.50 a bar retail (buy for 55-75 cents wholesale) you'd think they could go get some.

Yeah, that's too bad.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#554 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

Why wouldn't you your own Mars Bars with you, or maybe you don't want to be associated with THAT planet.

#555 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Maybe they have a policy prohibiting outside food?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#556 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Why wouldn't you your own Mars Bars with you, or maybe you don't want to be associated with THAT planet.

I like Mars as much as the next planet (Jupiter).

My very eager mother just served us nine pizzas.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 28 August 2017 - 07:10 PM.

#557 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Pizzas is no longer a planet  :(

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.

#558 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

Pizzas is no longer a planet  :(

That's what started all the fuss about removing the statues. Get rid of the planet and the decendants will follow.

#559 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

The Victoria HarbourCats are looking for some fan feedback, in this September Survey Month!

MORE:

#560 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

From a press release:

A balanced schedule with strong weekend and daytime dates is being announced today by the Victoria HarbourCats, as the franchise enters its sixth season (#seasonVI) in the West Coast League – a schedule that sees the team playing at home each weekend in June, five straight Sunday afternoons at home, and holiday weekends, among other features.

The release of the schedule allows the team's front-office staff to start setting up the popular 50-50 fundraising opportunities and solidify important promotional nights at Royal Athletic Park. It also allows Head Coach Brian McRae and his newly-named coaching staff of Troy Birtwistle, Todd Haney, Ian Sanderson and Jason Leone to begin planning workout dates and travel logistics.

The HarbourCats will again play out of the North Division, joining the Bellingham Bells, Kelowna Falcons, Port Angeles Lefties, Wenatchee AppleSox and Yakima Valley Pippins. The HarbourCats and Falcons are the lone Canadian teams in the WCL.

The South Division is comprised of the Bend Elks, Corvallis Knights, Cowlitz Black Bears, Walla Walla Sweets and the newest league addition, the Portland Pickles, who replace the Gresham Greywolves.

The HarbourCats will open the WCL regular season at home with a June 1-2-3 (Fri-Sat-Sun) series against Wenatchee, then take a day off and face the Yakima Valley Pippins at home June 5-6-7 (Tues-Wed-Thurs). The Thursday game, June 7, will be the annual SCHOOL SPIRIT GAME, dedicated to students, and will start at 11:35am.

The Coquitlam Angels, Team BC for the 2018 Baseball Canada Men's Championship at RAP this coming August, will be at RAP for games on June 9-10 (Sat-Sun).

The first road series for the HarbourCats won't require a border crossing -- a trip to Kelowna, June 12-13-14 (Tues-Wed-Thurs). That's followed by a home series against the JDF Straight-rival Port Angeles Lefties, June 15-16-17 (Fri-Sat-Sun), the final day being the annual Coca-Cola Father's Day home game.

At this time, 29 home games and 27 road games are confirmed, with an additional five home games nearing completion (May 30July 5-6, and July 28-29). Without adding playoffs, that will give local baseball fans at least 34 home games, and 61 games overall in a 69-day span.

The HarbourCats continue to work closely with the North Park Neighbourhood Association and four FIREWORKS DATES have been put in place:

*-Saturday, June 2

*-Saturday, June 30 (Pre-Canada Day)

*-Friday, July 20

*-Monday, August 6 (B.C. Day long weekend)

"This is a schedule we think our fans will really like, in how spread out the home games are and how we'll be able to make so many special events come to life," said Jim Swanson, the Managing Partner of the HarbourCats. "Fundraising groups, corporate partners and season ticket holders are always eager to get the schedule so they can set aside the dates."

Season tickets continue to be sold, and individual game tickets will go on sale by the end of the week, both at the team office (1814 Vancouver St) and on-line.

Other highlights include -- The new Portland Pickles will be in Victoria for the final home series, August 6-8, which will include Shirt Off Our Backs Night and Fan Appreciation Night... the Kelowna Falcons are in Victoria for the Canada Day weekend... the 2017 WCL final rematch in Victoria with the Corvallis Knights is slated for July 18-20 at RAP, right after the all-star break July 16-17... The WCL all-star game will be played July 17 in Port Angeles, with two days of festivities around that... The only team the HarbourCats do not visit this year -- the Portland Pickles. All WCL teams except the Cowlitz Black Bears will be in Victoria… The HarbourCats will wear the historic Victoria Mussels jerseys for two home games, dates to be determined.

The playoff structure remains the same, with two halves -- winners of each half in each division advance to the WCL post-season

The team's pocket schedule will be out shortly, and major promotional dates and activities will be announced in the new year. The schedule appears at http://harbourcats.com/calendar/, with an I-Calendar option to add it to your smart phone or tablet.

Most home games will continue to be 6:35pm starts, with Sundays and some special games being 1pm first pitch. The annual SCHOOL SPIRIT GAME will be an 11:35amstart time on Thursday, June 7.

The WCL All-Star Game is set for July 16-17 at Port Angeles.

2018 VICTORIA HARBOURCATS SCHEDULE

Exhibition game, Wednesday, May 30 at RAP, vs. Port Angeles Lefties

Exhibition game, Thursday, May 31, at Port Angeles Lefties 

HOME OPENING WEEKEND -- June 1-2-3 (Fri-Sat-Sun), vs. Wenatchee

HOME, June 5-6-7 (Tues-Wed-Thurs), vs. Yakima Valley Pippins

HOME, June 9-10 (Sat-Sun), vs. Coquitlam Angels

Road, June 12-13-14 (Tues-Wed-Thurs), at Kelowna Falcons

HOME, June 15-16-17 (Fri-Sat-Sun), vs. Port Angeles Lefties

Road, June 18-19-20 (Mon-Tues-Wed), at Bend Elks

HOME, June 22-23-24 (Fri-Sat-Sun), vs. Bellingham Bells

Road, June 25-26-27 (Mon-Tues-Wed), at Walla Walla Sweets

HOME, June 29-20-July1 (Fri-Sat-Sun), vs. Kelowna Falcons

Road, July 2-3-4 (Mon-Tues-Wed), at Bellingham Bells (end of first half)

HOME, July 5-6 (Thurs-Fri), team TBA

Road, July 7-8-9 (Sat-Sun-Mon), at Corvallis Knights

HOME, July 10-11-12 (Tues-Wed-Thurs), vs. Bend Elks

Road, July 13-14-15 (Fri-Sat-Sun), at Cowlitz Black Bears

**July 16-17 -- WCL All-star Game festivities, at Port Angeles 

HOME, July 18-19-20 (Wed-Thurs-Fri), vs. Corvallis Knights

Road, July 21-22-23 (Sat-Sun-Mon), at Port Angeles Lefties

HOME, July 24-25-26 (Tues-Wed-Thurs), vs. Walla Walla Sweets

HOME, July 28-29 (Sat-Sun), team TBA

Road, July 31-Aug1-2 (Tues-Wed-Thurs), at Yakima Valley Pippins

Road, Aug 3-4-5 (Fri-Sat-Sun), at Wenatchee AppleSox

HOME, Aug 6-7-8 (Mon-Tues-Wed), vs. Portland Pickles

Playoffs -- first round, Aug 9-11; WCL championship, Aug 13-17.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users