• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

#81 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

VibrantVictoria already has a cat mascot. Meet Excessive Setback Cat:

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#82 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Felix is too obvious, right?

Hmm, I might put some thought into this and enter.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#83 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

VucHockeyFan, I think that cat is called bounce

#84 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Josie

#85 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I just received an email with 2 tickets to a regular season game for entering the name contest. I am assuming that they didn't like my suggestion. :)

#86 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

I just received an email with 2 tickets to a regular season game for entering the name contest. I am assuming that they didn't like my suggestion. :)

That was "name the team" a long time ago, I just got it too. The form to fill out for your tickets made it awful vague how you ever get your tickets, eh? Poorly orchestrated.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#87 drt

drt
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Anyone choose their season ticket seats today? Man, place was empty when I went down.

#88 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Anyone choose their season ticket seats today? Man, place was empty when I went down.

Thing about baseball (especially in a collegiate summer league) is a lot of games in a SHORT time. I enjoy baseball @ RAP, but I'm unlikely to attend SIX consecutive nights (there are two sets like that this coming season). Some sort of flexpack would be good - along with checking the weather forecast on the day. They may be wise to use some coupon-based promos to get people in as well.

#89 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Spinnakers is the Official Beer of the HarbourCats

Spinnakers Brewpub will be the “Official Beer of the HarbourCats” for the inaugural 2013 season. The partnership will showcase selected Spinnakers beers for all 28 home games at Royal Athletic Park. A significant highlight of the new deal will be the Spinnaker’s Winning Wednesdays themed nights. For three Wednesday night home games, after the Season Opener, all beer will be one dollar off for the entire night. The Spinnaker’s Winning Wednesdays games will be June 12, July 10, and July 31. This promotional pricing will make an evening of HarbourCats baseball even more affordable for Victorians.

Also, they have posted many game-night job openings:

Game Day Positions Now Available

We are now hiring for game-day positions. If you have a positive attitude, a commitment to providing exceptional customer service, and wish to join us for our inaugural season at Royal Athletic park this summer, please take a look at Game Day Positions. If you're interested, email a resume and cover letter to mike@harbourcats.com. Available positions include PA Announcer, Video Board Operator, Music Operator, Broadcaster, Broadcaster Assistant, Group Deck Hospitality Manager, On-Field Voice, Ushers and Ticketing Services Representative.

More on jobs: http://harbourcats.c...-day-positions/

#90 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

...the mascot is named HARVEY.

#91 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

FRIDAY at 5pm. The Victoria HarbourCats Baseball Club hold a media and public event at Yates Street Taphouse Bar&Grill.

Come meet the players, as well as Harvey, the HarbourCats mascot.

I will be there, if any forumers wanna drop by... :wave:

#92 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

The HarbourCats are ready to play ball!

Victoria HarbourCats baseball team ready to play ball
By Paul Seal, VibrantVictoria.ca
http://vibrantvictor...y-to-play-ball/

Nobody told Victoria HarbourCats General Manager Holly Jones that landing in a new city and starting a West Coast League (WCL) baseball franchise was going to be easy. And by most accounts, it hasn’t been. In fact one might wonder why she took on the job considering the scorched earth legacy left behind by prior Victoria baseball teams that have come – and failed – before the HarbourCats.

When Jones was named as the inaugural GM of the team last summer, there was nothing in place in terms of a major-tenant baseball team at Victoria’s Royal Athletic Park. The minor-pro Victoria Seals, headed by long-time Canadian sports-team owners, the Parker family, and specifically Darren Parker as the hands-on owner, had announced in November of 2010 that the team could no longer operate into a third season at the park. At that time, Parker cited difficult lease terms and a frustrating operating agreement with the City of Victoria. So when the Seals were no more, all that was left as a reminder was the disappointed fans and sponsors, and the $400,000 video scoreboard still standing in left field (the scoreboard has since been purchased by the City of Victoria).

At least the Seals played out two full seasons. Prior to the team’s arrival, the Victoria Capitals were a relatively successful member of the Canadian Baseball League until the league itself folded in 2003, in mid-season, citing lack of fan support in every member city – except, ironically, Victoria, where crowds were healthy and well above the league average. [Read more]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#93 drt

drt
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Who all is going to the season opener next Wednesday?

#94 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Who all is going to the season opener next Wednesday?

I will be there.

Those are the three uniforms.

Nick Pivetta, Victoria (L), Ty Provencher, Long Beach, CA, and Austin Russell, Victoria ®

#95 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

Royal Athletic Park beers, photo courtesy CTV Vancouver Island.

#96 drt

drt
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Those jerseys are really nice. Definitely want one of those. Also excited to see a real beer selection at a park, instead of the usually Coors Lite style crap.

#97 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

^^^^^ Nice piece VHF. A wonderful read.

#98 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I will be there.

Uniforms look great!

#99 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Those jerseys are really nice. Definitely want one of those. Also excited to see a real beer selection at a park, instead of the usually Coors Lite style crap.

And 20oz pints as well.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#100 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

It's opening day! See ya at the park, suckers!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users