Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Parkside Resort & Spa quarter ownership | 8- & 5-storeys | Built - completed in Oct 2009

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#241 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa Grand Opening

Please join us for the Parkside Victoria Resort and Spa's Grand Opening Friday, June 25, 2010 to celebrate the Grand Opening of Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa - a remarkable architectural achievement in sustainable resort development.

We'll begin the afternoon with a ceremonial champagne sabreing followed by the opening of Parkside's Wine & Food Exhibition and official ribbon-cutting ceremony. Featured entertainment will include films in the private movie theatre, resort tours and afternoon workshops.

Events

1 pm

* Food & Wine Exhibition
* Green Building Tours
* Workshops
* Entertainment

4:30 pm

* Ribbon Cutting & Official Opening

We look forward to seeing you there!

For more information, please contact Crystal Auffray at crystal.auffray@aviawest.com or 250.361.1999 ext. 8159

#242 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Well, Mike K. and I dropped in for the gala reception, unfortunately within minutes of our arrival, we were called away on another matter. Nice atrium though.

#243 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

^Superhero's never rest.

#244 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

From Craigslist:

Promote A Green Building (Aug and Sep) (downtown Victoria)
Date: 2010-07-28, 6:41PM PDT
Reply to: see below

The Green Team
Duration: August 1 – September 30

Would people describe you as high energy?

Are environmental initiatives part of who you are?

Designed to help people take great vacations and exceed the highest standards of LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa will do both! We are looking to hire a couple of superheroes to help us engage with people and invite the public to check out our hotel combining incredible location, luxurious amenities with amazing green-building features.

We need two great people who can fulfill the following heroic list:
- outgoing and personable
- capture people's attention
- a capacity to learn quickly
- great attitude essential
- happy to spend 97.5% of the time with people and not chained to a desk
- interest in green building is a bonus [familiarity with LEED® is a super-bonus]
- assertive and willing to engage with the public & local businesses

Compensation: lucrative bonus per referral (plus $9/hr base). Earn up to $25 per hour with bonuses.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing what you love about downtown Victoria to marketing@aviawest.com – and use "The Green Team" in the subject line of the e-mail.

We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.

I'm not sure if that seems strange, or ingenious. The right candidate would make a good job of it. Alas, I doubt there are many good candidates out there willing to work for just 60 days on this type of a project.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#245 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

Odd, that there's no mention of number of hours per day/ week expected. Is it 2 months of 16 hour days, or what?
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#246 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

I heard yesterday that Parkside is very close to securing an anchor tenant for its restaurant space. No details on who it might be, but I have it on fairly good authority that it will be a local owner-operator taking over the space (as opposed to a corporate franchise, e.g., earls, Joey's, etc.).

I was convinced that the money required for this space would put it out of reach for all but the corporate restaurants.

#247 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Fugger is back, I was wondering when that would happen.

So local owner? I would hope for something not too overpriced but it is a pretty nice spot...

#248 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

I wonder why the Cafe Fantastico is taking so long to open?

#249 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

This is the third Cafe Fantastico location, is it not?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#250 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

This is the third Cafe Fantastico location, is it not?

It will be the fourth location (the others are in Quadra Village, Cook Street Village Food Court, and Dockside Green).

#251 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Fugger is back, I was wondering when that would happen.

So local owner? I would hope for something not too overpriced but it is a pretty nice spot...

Things were said, mistakes taken and amends made...I think that we're all a little older and wiser because of it. :D

#252 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

:)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#253 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

Another one bites the dust as Aviawest files for creditor protection

http://www.theglobea...article2215143/

#254 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

From the above article:

In a filing to the Supreme Court of British Columbia, chief financial officer Rob DiCastri said the company has been in default with some lenders for “several years.” Its financial statements indicate the company has $88-million in assets, but most of the line items are real estate that would need to be sold to be of any practical use. It has about $2.5-million in cash, equity and “other hard assets.”

Is this someone related to Victoria architect John Di Castri (the article may have misspelled Roberts name?). Just wondering.

Know it all.

#255 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

John had six kids according to this obit of one of them. None were named Rob.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#256 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for that, Holden.

Know it all.

#257 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

A report from the monitor states that total unsold inventory held by Aviawest is valued at $80.1 million. That breaks down to $63.53 million in Parkside, which has a total residential value of $51.8 million for whole and fractional ownership units. Another $11.6 million is in commercial inventory.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1dEW6cLwD
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#258 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

A rock has shattered one of the large glass panels at the main entrance to the building. The entrance is blocked off while repairs are under way.

Know it all.

#259 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Aviawest has filed with the CCAA due to not being able to meet its financial obligations to creditors. This is not the same as filing for bankruptcy but is a measure to protect the organization from creditors.

Aviawest is restructuring and appears to have partnered with an organization calling itself Watermint Hotels & Resorts. The latter's properties appear to be the same as Aviawest's (except for Parkside, for one reason or another Parkside is not listed as a Watermint property), suggesting that Watermint is a brand new organization potentially created as a result of the restructuring to manage Aviawest's properties.

Know it all.

#260 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Sold to a local investment syndicate this week.

$23M

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users