Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Parkside Resort & Spa quarter ownership | 8- & 5-storeys | Built - completed in Oct 2009

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#81 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

I guess you took the photo after 330?...We shut the crane down usually by then...not much going on in that department these days

#82 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

so when is the crane coming down, should be pretty soon?

#83 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

so when is the crane coming down, should be pretty soon?

well officially we don't have a definitive date, unofficially thats another story but at the same time unfortunately there are some of those things that are privileged that I can't pass along do to various reasons I'm sure ya'll will understand... who knows one of you might be Lyle Scroggs or Bill Johnson and then I'd be in real big trouble! - As soon as I "officially" know I'll be happy to pass it along to those that are interested!...I will be posing next to my crane just before it comes down, I figure I might start giving Zimquats a run for his money as hottest VV member :P

#84 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

I think the thin air up there is making you delirious :P

#85 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

I think the thin air up there is making you delirious :P

delirious?! pffftt nah its helping me keep my youthful looking complexion, before I got into construction I was a male model...yah know the ridiculously good looking type :P

Webmaster after several months I just noticed something...in you're title you have Parkside as 8 and 5 stories...It should actually read 8 and 7 stories...Tower A is 8 Tower B is 7...not to nitpick I just thought I'd point that out :P - just in case someone here bought on the 6th floor of Tower B and will think they bought a piece of air ;)

#86 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Are you guys pulling a View Towers and building a couple extra floors you didn't tell City Hall about?

#87 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

Are you guys pulling a View Towers and building a couple extra floors you didn't tell City Hall about?

*shrugs*...I have no idea?! - I just run the crane and watch people make fools of themselves on site and on the streets surrounding! - I'm just counting the floors and posting whats here!...although around here, anythings possible

#88 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:43 AM

VibrantVictoria's Major Construction Projects list has it at 8 and 7 but other web sites mention 8 and 8 or 8 and 6.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#89 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:43 AM

^^ I'd stick to that story when the higherups need a fallguy and blame it on the overzealous renegade crane operator.

#90 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

VibrantVictoria's Major Construction Projects list has it at 8 and 7 but other web sites mention 8 and 8 or 8 and 6.

Yeah...I had noticed that when I was on that page I just noticed that the title of this thread was off..

the actual floor count - from street level as marked

Tower A

Ground - includes Spa and Swimming Pool
Mezzanine
Level 1 includes Doctor's Office on North End by Fairfield Road (Perma Construction currently doing Tenant Fit Out - includes a Garden Patio next to City Place's Garden and smaller Balcony on SW corner
Level 2 Typical
Level 3 Typical
Level 4 Typical
Level 5 Typical
Level 6 North and South LARGE Balconies (the north one being the larger of the two) Roof top Gardens
Level 7
Level 8 - Mechanical and something else (possibly the owners lounge...not positive)
Roof - remaining Mechanical

Tower B

Ground Floor
Mezzanine
Level 1
Level 2 Typical
Level 3 Typical
Level 4 Typical
Level 5 Typical
Level 6 Typical
Level 7 unsure at this time
Roof - Mechanical

That is the flooring structure as it is this morning, regardless what anything else says! :)

#91 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

^^ I'd stick to that story when the higherups need a fallguy and blame it on the overzealous renegade crane operator.

"They told me to haul up construction materials--they never told me when to stop!"
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#92 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

"They told me to haul up construction materials--they never told me when to stop!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - i have no idea how I made it through a day without having the comedians here crack me up now and again!

#93 Ridley

Ridley
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:40 AM

Well There has not been much posted on this project recently, not to be negative but this seems to be one of those projects where there is some financing issues. Rumor has it( to every rumor there is an element of truth) that the owner is again behind in payment to trades. The project although moving slowly is moving and it would be a shame to see significant issues late in the day.

#94 DevelopmentGuy

DevelopmentGuy
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

Well There has not been much posted on this project recently, not to be negative but this seems to be one of those projects where there is some financing issues. Rumor has it( to every rumor there is an element of truth) that the owner is again behind in payment to trades. The project although moving slowly is moving and it would be a shame to see significant issues late in the day.

I think if you were to walk by Parkside and ask any of the non-management employees down there if the project is in trouble, you'd get a very definitive answer, with varying rumors and details. The job is behind in paying the trades and in some cases trades have pulled off in protest until payment has been recieved as well as there are several liens posted on the jobsite against the job and developer. In December the boarding contractor had completely pulled off site over non-payment of numbers in the low to mid 6 figure range, currently the mechanical contractor has one employee on site aside from sub-contracted jobs. It is my understanding that almost all finishing work has or is stalling in Tower B and efforts are being focused on Tower A with Tower B having been closed up and any open holes in cladding boarded up. This job is certainly having some form of financial difficulty, than again this job has had financial difficulties all along and at times has owned 7 figures to contractors. It would be a shame to see a complete stoppage on a job so far along, but it from what I hear it is increasingly a possibility.

#95 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for the info DevelopmentGuy - and welcome to VV!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#96 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

I found the fractional owenership concept kind of strange. Is there really a big market for this?

#97 Ridley

Ridley
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

The fractional ownership certainly is not for all but it does seem to be accepatble to some. My oncern if I had purchased a unit is will my unit actually be completed? and if so when? I do not know what rights an owner of a fractional owner would have if they do not take possesion of anything deposit back? maybe someone can provide some input.

And Development guys thanks for the info...sound like what I have also been hearing....not good news...

#98 DevelopmentGuy

DevelopmentGuy
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

The fractional ownership certainly is not for all but it does seem to be accepatble to some. My oncern if I had purchased a unit is will my unit actually be completed? and if so when? I do not know what rights an owner of a fractional owner would have if they do not take possesion of anything deposit back? maybe someone can provide some input.

And Development guys thanks for the info...sound like what I have also been hearing....not good news...

Caramia, thanks for the welcome...

As for the fractional ownership questions, I have no idea, its a weird concept for sure. As I understand it not all units are fractional, all of building A which as I understand is completely sold out is the fractional side, whereas Building B is "condos", which is the one that is being put on hold. I think if you purchased in Building A you should get a completed suite, sometime in the neighbourhood of the summer, BUT in order to access the parking garage you'll be driving through a construction zone as the entrance to the parkade is on the east side of the development, right below Building B...I know there had been some issues with regards to being able to get occupancy of Building A when it was completed as the fire panel is in Building B, I'm not sure if that problem has been rectified yet or not. Regardless a project that has had its costs nearly double as prices drop is not going to be very healthy.

#99 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

LOL...wow always interesting to read whats going on, on the job you work on...things certainly have been out of sorts around here for a little while now...

#100 Ridley

Ridley
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

...things certainly have been out of sorts around here for a little while now...

Hmm interesting but leaves a lot to the imagination...can you elaborate....

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users