Photo

Brewery and the Beast - Festival of Meat

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

A local event at Phillips Brewery on government featuring local producers of meat products, and beer!! Very reasonable at $35 + HST. Judging by the list of suppliers and what is included, it is a total steal compared to the $59 (or $69, I cant remember) I just paid for Swine & the Vine for Taste at the Grand Pacific. September 23rd, 1-4pm...

Check it out!

http://culinairevict...wery/index.html

#2 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Mmmmm beef.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'll be there. Scott Gurney knows how to do this kind of thing. If any of you have been a show at the back of Phillip's, you'll agree it's a fantastic venue.

Matt.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Ya, this sounds rad, and Scotty's a good man... :1954_dancing:
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I've been to one show at Phillips, and I agree it was great. Organized well, and for some reason, it feels like I'm in a Tony Hawk video game setting... lol

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

See you guys there!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Here is a sad story. I went to buy my tickets today for a group of us to go to this event and IT'S SOLD OUT.

Imagine that, two months before the event and there are no more tickets available.

#8 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Here is a sad story. I went to buy my tickets today for a group of us to go to this event and IT'S SOLD OUT.

Imagine that, two months before the event and there are no more tickets available.

Did you try ticketrocket? I was told sold out as well but got 4 tickets on there Saturday.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hmmm, that is strange, Ticketrocket shows sold out too.

I got my two tix.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#10 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sold out earlier yesterday (Sunday). Scott was counting down on his FB page... .17 left... 6 left... sold out!

I am surprised that in such a last minute town as Victoria that the event (600 tickets plus) sold out in 5 days. That is impressive, especially for a brand new event.

Phillips loading dock can hold as many as 900 or even a little more, maybe he will release a few more tickets closer to the event?

Matt.

#11 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

I sure hope so! I foolishly waited to go downtown to buy them in person instead of online and forgot to buy them!!

#12 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Did you try ticketrocket? I was told sold out as well but got 4 tickets on there Saturday.

Yes, I am sad to have missed this.

Maybe there is a scalper I can deal with.

#13 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I sure hope so! I foolishly waited to go downtown to buy them in person instead of online and forgot to buy them!!

This. :whyme:

#14 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I am surprised that in such a last minute town as Victoria that the event (600 tickets plus) sold out in 5 days.

Beerfest tickets sell out pretty much instantly every year months in advance.
But yeah, this is pretty impressive for an event that's in its first year. I guess Victoria really was crying out for a meat festival.

#15 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Beerfest being the notable exception, but it's kinda gross.

Matt.

#16 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Based on the complaints about beer service in Save-On Memorial, the complaints about the beer garden at Rock the Shores, the speed at which the Beer Fest sells out... well, it just seems like the best idea anyone can have for an event is "BEER and whatever, cause you're really just here to drink our beer".

Happy this sold out, but not surprised it happened so fast.

#17 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Here is a feel good story for you. Having snoozed on the purchase of tickets for this event, I took to the social media and asked to purchase 2 tickets for the event. After over a week with no response, I received an email from a local woman who has one ticket for me if I want. I explained to her that I need to find another ticket as Mrs. Sparky would not be impressed if she was left at home.

The gal understood that, and while I was out of town for a few days.......she finds us another ticket through a network of her friends.

That is a perfect example of the calibre of people that we have in this city.

:thumbsup:

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

That's excellent, Sparky!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#19 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Garrick's Head Pub is giving two tickets away, check our Facebook page for info.
Garricks Head Pub | Facebook
Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

#20 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

I am so looking forward to this event and sampling the fare from one of our respected VV members Matt R from the Marina.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users