Chinese butcher?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to find a good chinese butcher in town, one that does BBQ pork, BBQ ducks, roast pork, etc... you know the displays, with the golden roasted ducks hanging in the window, I know there's a couple restaurants in Chinatown that sell it, but I'm hoping for some alternatives, as I wasn't blown away by the ones I've had there. Thanks!

#2 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I've found the duck at Wah Lai can sometimes be dry but their BBQ pork is very scrumptious

#3 Langford Rat

Langford Rat
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I've never had better Chinese style BBQ pork than the stuff at Wah Lai Yuen and the fresh BBQ pork buns?...don't get me drooling. It's been about six or seven years since I've been there, though. Fairways (at least the one on Jacklin) sells BBQ pork in the hot section of the deli (not the Chinese take-out counter). The flavour is pretty damned good but it's a little hit 'n miss on the fat/gristle content. It seems that they sometimes use good quality cuts of pork and other times....not so much. Not so much, at all.

#4 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Wah Lai is my goto but around the corner at the Victoria BBQ House they cook up some great stuff too. One of their deep fried pork dumplings and a pineapple bun will make your day and they often have great duck.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users