• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

Should have put in a funicular.

I went on the one in Salvador

#122 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Any news on this one? Drove by today and it was silent.

#123 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

Any news on this one? Drove by today and it was silent.

They are still plunking away on this site i've seen a combo of mobile cranes, pump trucks and telehandlers on site....exterior facade and interior finishing work is trucking along there, watching guys every day from my vantage point...

#124 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

That news is good enough to hear twice.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#125 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

Phew!

#126 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Does anyone have any updates on this project (photos or otherwise)?

#127 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Someone with good night shooting skils could get the 7 jade coloured lights that make the building distinctive at night.. a light a floor above the entrance "tower" nice touch..

#128 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

Those lights are a little distinctive for sure! They just got lit up in the past week, I just glanced over at the building, noticed yesterday they poured a portion of the driveway yesterday and over the last week a lot of landscaping, trees, dirt, arbours over 1st floor balconies and the final scaffold tower right where those jaded lights were are coming down as we speak, I imagine they aren't too far away from completetion now the final landscaping has started. Ill try to get by and get a good night shot that shows off the lights. Its nice to see they used a lighter brick

#129 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

I wasn't thrilled with it a month ago but its looking a lot better now that some details are being filled in.

#130 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

I wasn't thrilled with it a month ago but its looking a lot better now that some details are being filled in.

It certainly isn't earth shattering in design, but at least its better than the building before it...although I do miss Bowman's Rib House. Its unfortunate they went with yet another brick finish, although, to their credit like I mentioned earlier at least they went with something other than the traditional red brick that dots so many buildings in the neighbourhood. I'd really like to see more stunning and architectually challenging, eye-catching designs being approved instead of the a-typical bland, brickish designs we see to be so famous for. Create more eye-pop than just blending in with status quo, of course this being Victoria I'm just wishfully sharing my thoughts, but all the same it'd be nice!.

#131 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

It certainly isn't earth shattering in design, but at least its better than the building before it...although I do miss Bowman's Rib House. Its unfortunate they went with yet another brick finish, although, to their credit like I mentioned earlier at least they went with something other than the traditional red brick that dots so many buildings in the neighbourhood. I'd really like to see more stunning and architectually challenging, eye-catching designs being approved instead of the a-typical bland, brickish designs we see to be so famous for. Create more eye-pop than just blending in with status quo, of course this being Victoria I'm just wishfully sharing my thoughts, but all the same it'd be nice!.

I agree. I guess we should be grateful we aren't getting out-and-out eyesores, lord knows they are easy enough to do.

#132 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

Photos from today:

#133 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

Nice. This project must be very close to an occupancy permit.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#134 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Nice images... even better viewing this evening..

Last weekend there was an Open House..

Hope some of you went... This developer looks like an under promise and over deliver type..

Wouls like to hear id my impressions are true.. The improvement to Rupert Terrace is wonderful grand...

#135 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

It now looks way better than I had expected. The landscaping and wood (what do you call it?) softened it a lot. Quite a decent project and a nice addition to the area. Certainly better than P'side across the street, IMO.

#136 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

Is this sold out? I only see one unit on MLS...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#137 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

Is this sold out? I only see one unit on MLS...

I think that the other units that are still available are being marketed directly by the developer (via their Sales Centre) and are not listed on the MLS.

#138 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

I expect that this project will be complete (from an occupancy/construction perspective) shortly.

#139 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

Not sure if occupancy has been granted, but this project is pretty much completed.

#140 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

Sure looks done!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users