All You Can Eat

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

I noticed that Pluto's has an endless tacos night on Mondays. I'll try to get more details.

Let's list what else has all-you-can-eat.

Hope Key has something, including an all-you-can-take take-out option. Not sure the rules there.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Pluto's also has all-you-can-eat fish and chips one night per week -- or at least they used to.

#3 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Sizzling Tandoor has a daily lunch buffet for $12

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Apparently Yokohama on Blanshard has fresh all-you-can-eat sushi for around $25 but I haven't been, can't vouch for it (and believe when it comes to sushi it's quality, not quantity).
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

The restaurant at the Hotel Grand Pacific does a Sunday brunch buffet, and Taste of Tokyo on Sidney has a fabulous sushi and seafood dinner buffet on Saturdays.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

I noticed that Pluto's has an endless tacos night on Mondays. I'll try to get more details.

Let's list what else has all-you-can-eat.

Hope Key has something, including an all-you-can-take take-out option. Not sure the rules there.

$12.50 - they say the record for one person eating is 28. If you can beat the record, you get it free.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#7 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

BC Ferries' Pacific Buffet is worth mentioning. It's on every sailing between Swartz bay and Tsawwassen on every ship except the Queen of New Westminster. The breakfast is an ok value at $19 incl tax. Dinner is around $25 iirc.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

BC Ferries' Pacific Buffet is worth mentioning. It's on every sailing between Swartz bay and Tsawwassen on every ship except the Queen of New Westminster. The breakfast is an ok value at $19 incl tax. Dinner is around $25 iirc.

I like the $10 deal in the quiet lounge.

All you can eat cheese, pastries and cold veggies. Plus silence and all the newspapers, and TV news channel with closed captioning.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Shiki Sushi on Blanshard at Fort has a $28 all you can eat dinner deal. $25 for seniors.

I just don't know how someone can eat $28 worth of sushi! I'm stuffed after two rolls.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

ALL YOU CAN EAT ALERT!

"Join us at Stone's Throw Restaurant - 642 Johnson Street All you can eat lunch buffet for only $10! 778-433-0028 Mon-Fri 11:30am-2pm

#11 ness71

ness71
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I like the $10 deal in the quiet lounge.

All you can eat cheese, pastries and cold veggies. Plus silence and all the newspapers, and TV news channel with closed captioning.

$12 now. I like the light buffet on afternoon and late sailings for $13.

#12 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Welcome to vibrantvictoria ness71.

#13 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Szechuan City Buffet at Harriet/Burnside isn't too bad for $15 a plate.

Fountain at Hillside/Blanshard on the other hand... I'll let the Urbanspoon reviews speak for themselves.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#14 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

The blackberry crop is at it's peak, and this is the best seen in 100 years.
Once the heavy dew or the rain arrives they soon go mouldy and can only be used for nothing. There are some good picks to be had down the Lockside Trail, Cedar Hill Golf Course trail and Aunty Mabel's back yard.

It is best to go with a Binfurd Berry Hook (not shown) or in this case a broom handle with a 4 inch nail (shown) Also some pruning shears in case you have to cut your way out.

All you can eat while supplies last.

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

...All you can eat while supplies last...

Alas it's all you can eat BLACKBERRIES :(

#16 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

The blackberry crop is at it's peak, and this is the best seen in 100 years.

That statement caught my attention because the Himalayan Blackberry is an introduced species in Canada and is only found in BC and Ontario.

It was first noted in BC in 1973 way less than 100 years ago so .
The reason I knew this is that I did a paper years ago about invasived species.

Where did you find the literature that stated its the best harvest in 100 years?

http://linnet.geog.u...ubus armeniacus

http://www.geog.ubc...._armeniacus.swf

#17 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

The Himalayan Blackberry has been in North America for over a hundred years. Note that Bingo didn't say anything about it being the best crop in BC in a hundred years. Why is it important to nitpick about a small detail that has literally nothing to do with the topic of this thread?

Anyway, Bingo is totally right. Not only is this years crop notably larger, it seems to have peaked earlier than in years past. I've found that the best spots are along the Goose, just past Tillicum area where there seems to be little picking going on. They were literally falling off the branches while I was out the other day, so get out there soon if you have plans to do so.

#18 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

That statement caught my attention because the Himalayan Blackberry is an introduced species in Canada and is only found in BC and Ontario.

It was first noted in BC in 1973 way less than 100 years ago so .
The reason I knew this is that I did a paper years ago about invasived species.

Where did you find the literature that stated its the best harvest in 100 years?

http://linnet.geog.u...ubus armeniacus

http://www.geog.ubc...._armeniacus.swf

Interesting info, I didn't know that blackberries were an invasive species. Thanks for sharing. It's certainly not something about which to get one's knickers in a twist. Maybe you have to be a perennial complainer with generally nothing valuable to add to a discourse except for invective bile, in order to find fault. Perhaps I shall log onto Yelp and make complaints about local businesses that have nothing to do with the establishments themselves, in order to understand that perspective. Look at that, something to do today!

#19 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Dude, let it go. If you didn't feel that it was somehow accurate, you wouldn't still be butthurt over it a year after the fact. Move on.

#20 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Wow seems I hit a sore spot with the sunday morning crowd.

See if you had actually read what I poste you would have seen that it was a statement of fact then a question

There was no accusation that Bingo had done anything wrong.

I see you have found something to do on your Sunday morning.

My question was where he got that info from I am curious if it was a TC story because the TC seems to mess up their stories on a constant basis with innacurate info,

SO pick it apart all you want I just want to know the source of the false statistic.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users