Photo

Can you throw a log on the fire? (restaurants/pubs with fireplaces)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

My question on cold, rainy nights like tonight is, who's got the fireplace going? What restaurants/pubs? I really have no idea.

There is one in the little lounge upstairs at the Executive House, it is gas fired, but looks alright, goes through to the entry-way. There is one in the Bengal Lounge of course:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,535 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

I've been to Garrick's when they had a fire going ...at least I think it was Garrick's.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 KAS

KAS
  • 140 posts
  • LocationVic West

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Fireplaces?? The Garricks Head comes to mind. And The PennyFarthing. One of the rooms in the Irish Times has a fireplace. Spinnakers, upstairs. Most are gas. Garricks was wood burning - I hope they keep it in the reno! And, didn't the food court at Hillside have one?

#4 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

The Brentwood Bay Resort has a huge wood burning fireplace in the pub, and they let the regulars tend it. Quite nice on a night like tonight.

#5 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Redd's on Blanshard has one, looks like gas. The Four Mile Pub has one, real I think.

The Brentwood Bay Resort has a huge wood burning fireplace in the pub, and they let the regulars tend it

Is that part of their loyalty program? Buy ten items, get to stoke the fire for one hour?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#6 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

We have a wood burning fireplace at Garrick's head and i go through a lot of wood in a winter.LOL
The fireplace is staying,

Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users