Photo

Cursed Streets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I would like to start a new thread on cursed streets/neighbourhoods.

With the recent events on DeSousa Place I think that street is cursed. It's the 2nd house of 6 on that tiny street to have a major criminal incident.

Do you know of any streets or areas that have a high occurence of death, crime, accidents. A sort of Bermuda triangle.

I'll start.

Growing up in the Swan Lake area, I always knew the Saanich Rd/McKenzie intersection to be cursed. Here are the events I've known about myself.

-Townhouse on corner, murder/suicide. Man kills wife and himself.
-3 Houses down from townhouse, Woman killed in rental house by neighbour(in later years the daughter of this victim is killed and dumped on church parking lot on Cedar Hill Xrd)
-Across from St Andrews school, woman is kiiled by man with hammer

My fear of this corner is strong. There was once a perfect house for sale, but I refused to buy because it was near this corner.

#2 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Cursed? By what? Some evil voodoo character? Get a grip.
I'm sure that, if you trolled through the Saanich Police files, pretty much every street would be mentioned at some point or another...the latest events on DeSousa are simply sticking out to us because of the events surrounding the Buziak case...
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#3 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

cursed..If you've watched any horror movie, it's usually because the house was built on an old cemetary

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Scene: bowels of hell. A circle of demons confer surrounded by walls of flame.

Demon 1: I declare by all that dwells in the unholy that I desire a gathering of evil deeds.

Demon 2: By Jove, I will conspire to make your wishes come manifest.

Demon 3: Let us infest humankind with crazed lunacy and lustful savagery. But in a targeted area.

Demon 1: I like your diabolical plan. I propose the Saanich Road and McKenzie intersection of Victoria, in the province of British Columbia.

Demon 2: Excellent. It suits our purposes. And there's good drive-by traffic.

Demon 1: Yes, it's a busy corridor. Good transit access, too.

Demon 3: It is done. Let loose the hounds of Hades on those doomed souls.

Demon 2: Let them be plagued by murder and by loathing.

Demon 1: And chronic late delivery of the Times Colonist.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users