Wings!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

Whats your favourite place for wings? Where and when are all the deals on wings across town?

I'm quite fond of Boston Pizza's wings, actually. With extra hot sauce they're not half bad. Also the place on Quadra where the Keg is offers decent wings, too. And their hot wings are hot enough to slow renthefinn down!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

Ive always loved Steamers. I used to work in the kitchen, and the wings were deep fried, sauced and then baked so they were extra juicy. Ive been craving them for years and I always plan to go back whenever Im in town, but I never quite get to it.

#3 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:43 PM

Steamers wings rock!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

I don't think I'll be eating out for wings anytime soon since I now own several bottles of half-price hot sauce from Food Country. :/
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

Real Canadian Wholesale in Esquimalt has giant bottles of honey garlic sauce and teriyaki. Buy one of those small deepfryers and you are but a generator away a new food cart business my friend.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#6 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

^Raw chicken + poor refrigeration + unlicensed sidewalk cart =

Good eatins! :tup:
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#7 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

It has a whole new look!

#8 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

Aaah! I've been MS Paint'd!!!

#9 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Not everyone can afford your fancy pants programs.

It has a whole new look!

#10 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:25 PM

Sound's expensive, do you have any other discarded animal parts spiced up for a cheaper price? Maybe some 'fins' or some 'eyes', I'm salivating just thinking of the marketing blitz!

#11 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:23 PM

Best wings are at Brentwood Bay Lodge. Second best are at the Monkey Tree pub. Monkey Tree has two for one appetizers almost every night or wing specials all the time. I like the dry pepper at Monkey Tree and the Sweet and Spicy at Brentwood Bay Lodge.

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

Anyone have any days of the week with wings specials?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13 Amanday

Amanday
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

^
Steamers has 30 cent wings on Wednesdays, and Martin's Place in Caddy Bay village has 10 cent wings on Mondays and Smuggler's has 25 cent wings on Mondays as well.

Those are all the ones I know!

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:55 AM

Ah, thank you!

Know it all.

#15 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

Last time I went for cheap wings was at Redd's Pub in the Holiday Inn (although at that time, it was Redd's Roadhouse in the Ramada).

#16 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

They used to have insane deals on wings during the day at Fat Tuesday's but ever since I got a day job I am at a loss for where is the cheapest.

It has a whole new look!

#17 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

I had wings at the Monkey Tree tonight and they were pretty good, 2 big plates for 10 bucks.
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#18 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:19 AM

I like those Monkey Tree wings too. Seems like there is a 2 for 1 wings special every other night and a 35 cent wing special on another night and 2 for one appetizers twice a week - so just about any night you can get two orders of wings for $8.99 ($10 with tax right?).

Gord, the owner of the place spent a lot of years getting the recipes for the various wings flavors just right, so they are high on the list of good wings in town.

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

One more to the list. Monday nights at Smiths on Courtney 30 cent wings.

Word.

Know it all.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

Scaper phoned me up the other day and told me that the 4 Mile in View Royal has 25 cent wings every night after 8PM. I'm not sure if that includes weekends, though.

So here's what we got so far:

Monday
4 Mile - 25 cents after 8PM
Martin's Place (Caddy Bay) 10 cents
Smith's - 30 cents
Smuggler's - 25 cents
Soprano's - 35 cents after 4PM

Tuesday

Wednesday
Steamers - 30 cents

Thursday
Monkey Tree - some sort of deal

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users