[Langford] Treanor Place Shopping Centre | Phase 1 built in 2018

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

There is going to be ANOTHER strip mall built at the corner of Millstream (2326 and 2350)and Treanor in Langford this is on the property that used to contain Millstream Auto Wrecking from the 1950 to the late 1980s.

also kitty coner to this property at the Loghouse Pub the property just north (2319 Millstream rd) is going to have a new Beer and Wine store built by the Loghouse. ground preparation has begun.

http://viewer.crdatlas.ca/public#/Home

Location of Loghouse Beerstore

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

The "Strip Mall Slogan Generator ™" should be reprogrammed to know that "new premiere" is redundant.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

The "Strip Mall Slogan Generator ™" should be reprogrammed to know that "new premiere" is redundant.

Not to mention a strip mall at this intersection can hardly be considered as such. ;)
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#4 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Thank goodness. I was just thinking we need more strip malls in that stretch.

#5 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

we have talked about this somewhere. A grocery store is supposed to go in here.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#6 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thank goodness. I was just thinking we need more strip malls in that stretch.

And another beer and wine store.

#7 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Makes me wish I drank.

#8 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Loghouse already has a beer and wine store, do we know what they are doing with that?

I am happy to see development on the SW corner, the vacant lot was not very attractive.

More shopping, different stores, is a good thing if it keeps the locals in the neighbourhood, but they are going to have to improve Millstream Rd. further north to avoid major traffic problems.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#9 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I think maybe they were trying to say "premium", if so they are not off to a very good start.

#10 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Their current Beer/Wine Store is not the size of a big box store so that is why they are building the new one next door. the Current one will revert to Pub space or possibly a spot for a few more pull tab machines.

#11 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

It's going to be a brew house.

#12 ryno8097

ryno8097
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I believe this exact sign is can also be seen at the corner of Helmcken & Watkiss Way for another "premier retail shopping centre and offic building".

#13 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Whatever goes in there, I hope one of the requirements for developing the lot is to fix Millstream so that its two lanes from the light at Treanor and doesn't have this http://goo.gl/maps/jhni5 stupid jog out.

#14 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Their current Beer/Wine Store is not the size of a big box store so that is why they are building the new one next door. the Current one will revert to Pub space or possibly a spot for a few more pull tab machines.

Good, the existing store is always crowded.

#15 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Here are some renderings. Looks like residential is planned

http://matrix.cwcana...eam Road(1).pdf

victoria-2350millstream-01.jpg

victoria-2350millstream-02.jpg

victoria-2350millstream-03.jpg

#16 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Pleased to see some residential in this development. Hell, I'm happy just to see it might actually happen. I get kind of tired looking at that empty gravel pit every time I drive by.

#17 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Looks like there will be a lot of signage shops in the area once this is complete. :P

#18 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

^.. Funny you mention that. There is a sign company based in Nanaimo called SignAge. At first I thought they were about to move into the Victoria market in a big way. I've never seen that before on the " artists conception".

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

I hope that's not asphalt roofing on those buildings.  It really, really, really should be steel.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#20 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Pleased to see some residential in this development. Hell, I'm happy just to see it might actually happen. I get kind of tired looking at that empty gravel pit every time I drive by.

It was never a gravel pit. It was a forested Junk Yard called Millstream, Auto Wrecking.

It was like a campground in the bush except it was full of autos.

They removed all the trees which is common for all developments in Langford then blasted it level which is why you thought it was a gravel pit

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users