Photo

Predictions for 2013

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

What do you think will be some of the major events/decisions in 2013 that will impact your household, and/or the Victoria economy?

The provincial election, housing prices, food prices, tax increases, deer cull, pipeline debates, or other topics.

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

^ ^

The provincial election - NDP relative sweep, but not much changes
housing prices - down 5-12%
food prices - stable
tax increases - well above the rate of inflation at the municipal level
deer cull - lots of ongoing debate that will last as long as the UVic rabbit debate
pipeline debates - whatever
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I would also add,

an actual date of when construction on the JSB will be started
the train returns next fall
transit strike

#4 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I would also add,

an actual date of when construction on the JSB will be started
the train returns next fall
transit strike

I walked about 5km of the track from Humpback Rd to the Tunnel at Tunnel Hill and the track and the bed looks way beyond repair It is flooded in parts.
Also the Niagara trestle is sagging in the Middle according to the engineering report.

My prediction is that the rail if Kaput for good apart from the freight service that continues from Nanaimo to Koksilah.
Graham Bruce will continue to talk about what they are going to do but with no actual cash in hand only promised cash the rails will eventually be ripped up. the CRD will acquire the right of way as parkland and it will become a trail from Langford to Duncan.
the Langford to Esquimalt section will be upgraded and used as a commuter rail but in about the year 2020 when its been talked about endlessly on CFAX.

#5 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

the Fliberal Government will revert back to Gst/Pst .

They will use this as an election tool claiming that they did they did what the people wanted therefore they should be re-elected

However there will be some secret backroom talking in regard to the old tax system and things will not be exactly the way they used to be.
What does Crusty Clark and her finance goons have in Mind?????
We'll have to wait and see.

#6 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

the Langford to Esquimalt section will be upgraded and used as a commuter rail but in about the year 2020 when its been talked about endlessly on CFAX.

So your prediction is that Bell won't sell off CFAX in 2013? :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#7 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

So your prediction is that Bell won't sell off CFAX in 2013? :P

I wish that CFAX was never sold by Mel in the first place.

The recorded shows and re-runs are really a shame and not CFAX style or at least the OLD CFAX style.
Tonight there was a show on about mountain climbers who survived an avalanche...same show that was on about 1 week ago

The quack Dr show cant not be called into because it is a rebroadcast from CKNW and the list goes on.

I am getting sick of listening to one host on the morning show too because he is attempting to be like Terry Spence and hanging up on and cutting off people who don't agree with HIS point of view.
Care to guess who I am speaking of?

#8 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

As more and more stores open without men's departments, existing stores start to shut down theirs. Causing men on the island to take the ferry to the mainland for clothes. BC Ferries receives financial wind fall, causing fairs to increase yet again.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#9 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

The Federal goverment will buy up the E&N right-of-way between Langford and the Dockyard and run an hourly commuter service.

The fence on the breakwater could be replaced with chain link, after numerous children are seen climbing on the wires.

Construction of the new bridge is delayed after the Telus cable is severed by a pile-driver.

Mt Baker will begin steaming, after an earthquake in the Puget Sound area.

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Construction of the new bridge is delayed after the Telus cable is severed by a pile-driver.

It was all I could do to not burst out laughing in the safeway line-up reading that :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users