Photo

The Victoria emergency (fire/ambulance) services thread

• Please log in to reply
2560 replies to this topic

#1421 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

The vacant house on Beach Dr with the tennis court out front has caught fire again.
  • RFS likes this

#1422 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

20180603_231157.jpg

Could smell the smoke strongly a kilometer away.

Edited by todd, 03 June 2018 - 11:09 PM.

#1423 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

Right, at Mountjoy Avenue. Brutal.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1424 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Saw a fair turn out of police cars and ambulances at a 800 block Johnson street location on Saturday afternoon.  Any news on what that might have been about?

#1425 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

Saw a fair turn out of police cars and ambulances at a 800 block Johnson street location on Saturday afternoon.  Any news on what that might have been about?

Sounds like the usual weekend melee to me.

#1426 lehman01

lehman01
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Victoria has one of those new Ambulance’s I mentioned a couple months back in service, with the new power stretcher/ loader as well. Paramedics love ‘em!
  • Mike K., sebberry and todd like this

#1427 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

McClure Street according to CTV/CFAX: https://twitter.com/...813111377682432

DYrI2NCVwAAy2OS.jpg

A rezoning application has been submitted to the city for this property. I hope the family doesn't have to wait too long for approval. They have been through so much already I'd hate to see them suffer further at the hands of the bureaucracy.

• Mike K. likes this

#1428 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

Grass fire closes Blanshard near Uptown:

https://www.oakbayne...anshard-avenue/

#1429 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

I wonder if the people who were camping up there had anything to do with it...... (eye roll)
  • Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1430 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

I wonder if the people who were camping up there had anything to do with it...... (eye roll)

Or a cigarette tossed from a passing car.... (eye sting)

#1431 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

Grass fire closes Blanshard near Uptown:

https://www.oakbayne...anshard-avenue/

I was caught in that clusterfxxk.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1432 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

Police and View Royal Fire Rescue are assisting the B.C. Coroners Service at Thetis Lake Regional Park after a man shot himself...

https://www.vicnews....at-thetis-lake/

#1433 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

It seems there were a number of fires on panama flats forcing multiple roads to be closed for them to be put out (including Interurban and Wilkinson) https://www.cheknews...ts-area-470584/

• Mike K. likes this

#1434 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

Kids these days... sigh.

#1435 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:42 AM

Police have a garbage truck taped off in the parking lot behind Moxie's (Vancouver and Johnson/Yates). There is a ladder propped up against the side of the truck leading into the waste disposal area of the truck. From some 989 workers on the ground, sounds like someone was in the bin when it was dumped.

#1436 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

Brutal.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1437 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,589 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

I know the debate flares up from time to time re: public vs private health care but I do have to give a shout out and huge kudos once again to our emergency medical/hospital professionals.

I have a recurring condition they tell me due primarily to genetics and as a natural part of aging (I'm 57, hardly old but also not 21 anymore either) that flares up about every 12-18 months. It requires immediate medical/emergency attention. Last night after gutting it out for about 36 hours I checked into RJH Emerg; to say they were busy is an understatement. Swamped is more accurate. Lots of people moaning, complaining and more than a few crying including a few wailing children all milling about seeking attention. When I arrived there were at least four cases of people with chest pains who naturally go right to the top of the triage list.

In spite of the initial chaos, the Emerg admitting/admin/volunteer staff were stellar in their responses and actions and remained uniformly professional in dealing with all of us patiently and efficiently. Without exception that has always been my experience particularly at the "Jube". Although my case requires surgery each time it certainly does not trump someone with a suspected heart issue or possible internal injury. Regardless the hospital staff were composed, courteous and unfailingly helpful.

I got into the operating theatre and although had to wait another hour as more serious cases arrived, nevertheless had a great chat with the nurses and the doctor who performed the procedure. He patiently answered a few questions I had in advance, explained exactly what he was going to do, and how, then took the time afterward to hang about advising about post-operative treatment and gave me his take on the state of the Canucks (he was from Vancouver), lol. All in all we're damn lucky to live where we do and have access to a truly amazing medical pros: good show you guys....

• Nparker, LJ, tedward and 1 other like this

#1438 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

Nice to hear you’re all bandaged up.

But the poor guy crying and reeling in pain is likely still sitting there.

Know it all.

#1439 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,589 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:05 AM

Nice to hear you’re all bandaged up.

But the poor guy crying and reeling in pain is likely still sitting there.

Actually I was one of the very last if not the last people who was attended to by the docs, hence that additional wait time in the OR. I arrived at 6:15 and the surgeon got to me just after 9:30. When I went back through the inner waiting room in the Treatment center some time around 10:30 there was absolutely no one sitting/waiting for assistance.

#1440 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:10 AM

I know I know, I was just being facetious.

We are pretty blessed to have what we have. Can we do better? Yes. Is a quasi private and public model the answer? Maybe. Is our current path sustainable? Absolutely not.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users