Photo

The General Travel Thread

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#181 phx

phx
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Airlines could soon be forced to pay passengers in cash for delays over three hours.

It only applies if the delay was not for safety reasons.

eg: So sorry the flight was overbooked, but it would not have been safe for you to stand in the aisle during the flight.

Edited by phx, 18 December 2018 - 07:04 PM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#182 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 5,934 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:08 PM

Yes, the fee does not apply to things out of the airlines control (mechanical break down, weather).
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#183 spanky123

spanky123
  • 10,343 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

From what I understand the fees only apply if you are denied boarding due to overbooking. Nothing stopping the airline from continuing to offer whatever they want for volunteers to give up their seat.

#184 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,266 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

For many passengers that’s like winning the lottery. You can usually negotiate a decent payout and if there’s a hotel at the airport a night for free or heavily discounted. 9/10 the person they want on that flight is paying 10x more than you.

Buddy of mine once purchased a guaranteed boarding pass. Cost a heck of a lot of money but he never had to wait for a flight and just walked on, but on some occasions he required someone to get bumped. I think we even have a VV member who once held a pass that was similar if not the same :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#185 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,166 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

I flew for free on 3 different occasions because I voluntarily gave up my seat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.