CANCELLED
Harbour Landing
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 202 Harbour Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Harbour Landing is a six storey, 47,000 square foot office and commercial building in Victoria's Vic West neig... (view full profile)
Learn more about Harbour Landing on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Harbour Landing | Office | 6-storeys | Canceled in 2015

Office

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

A new sign's gone up!

Looks like the old Transport Canada lot will be a 6-storey office building come Fall 2014. Leasing is now available but the web site is still parked... http://www.202harbourlanding.ca/

#2 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

schweet!

#3 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

#4 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

fantastic!

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Where exactly is this project situated? It sort of looks like it's to go in just south of the existing office building.

If it's being developed by Mountain West then it could very well be just at the intersection of Esquimalt and Harbour.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Where exactly is this project situated? It sort of looks like it's to go in just south of the existing office building.

If it's being developed by Mountain West then it could very well be just at the intersection of Esquimalt and Harbour.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

^that pit is along Tyee Road, not Harbour Road.

It's too bad their signage went up before the website went live.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

That's the fourth proposed and U/C six story office building in the capital region

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

There's Midtown Court and the League building in Colwood. What's the other one?

Know it all.

#10 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

The sign is on the corner of Harbour Rd and Esquimalt Rd. I think the new building is just going into that fenced off triangle area where the Mountain West building is. This would be different from the original vision for Dockside Green below.

Capture from that most excellent float plane video:

#11 KAS

KAS
  • 140 posts
  • LocationVic West

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

Perhaps Dockside had intended acquiring the property from the Feds, whenever they were finally moved to sell, but passed on it since the project is dormant?

Mountain West has had signage in front of the old Transport Canada building for some months now. I walk by there daily and over the months there have been folks out conducting soil tests - most recently earlier this week.

Google Maps shows 202 Harbour to be that corner.

#12 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,233 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Wow! That is good news!
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Yup, this property and project is unaffiliated with Dockside Green and appears to be a Mountain West development. I'll spin this thread off into a new one.

Here's a shot of the billboard once again. It's interesting to note the rough designs of future Dockside Green phases!

The area in red is the Mountain West property and the area in blue is what's been built as part of Dockside Green-proper. Notice that the Mountain West area is empty and not a part of the Dockside Green master plan.

Know it all.

#14 SelfSmartenYourself

SelfSmartenYourself
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

looks like they spent some extra effort on making it look extra lazy. seems thoughtful, yet inefficient..

#15 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I guess they are not worried about the bridge construction affecting construction on this place whatsoever?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don't think there will be any problems associated with the bridge. Harbour Road and Esquimalt Road will remain fully accessible for the majority of the bridge construction period.

Know it all.

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

http://www.timescolo...bridge-1.342899
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Some visuals courtesy of architect Chow Low Hammond. I must say I'm surprised to see surface parking with this project, but I suppose Dockside Green's commercial phases also include surface parking.

Know it all.

#19 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

neat but yeah too bad about the surface parking, I guess it's handy though

#20 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

At least it is behind the building though it seems to be a lot of the site.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users