Canadian terrorism

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#501 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,257 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

seems to me the simplest solution is to strip citizenship, regardless of where he was born.

#502 Wayne

Wayne
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:38 AM

"It is believed to be the first official confirmation that the anti-ISIS military coalition, which includes Canada, has deliberately tried to kill Canadian citizens in Syria and Iraq."

"It did not say whether the targeted strikes were successful."

Wonder if they are back in Canada, with Ralph Goodale and the Federal Liberals touting their rights as Canadians citizens?

https://globalnews.c...-document-says/

#503 RFS

RFS
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

No one is talking about the latest terror attack in Toronto? 10 year old girl and 18 year old girl dead in Danforth shooting. Useful idiots at CBC already pushing the sympathetic, mental illness, no connection to violent islamic terror whatsoever, meanwhile US news is reporting the shooter had been on ISIS websites and there was islamic extremism stuff posted on his face book.

https://www.cbsnews....man-2018-07-24/

#504 RFS

RFS
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:00 AM

Interesting difference in CBC analysis. Incel vs Islamic terror

"Decades divde the attacks but the parallels are unmistakable". Unless its a muslim. Than its a useless exercise to even try to identify any sort of pattern

Attached Images

• Capture+_2018-07-24-11-50-34.png
  • Capture+_2018-07-24-11-58-38.png

Edited by RFS, 24 July 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#505 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,964 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Harrowing.

A friend was in Toronto recently and fell asleep in his SUV as his family went out and did their thing. He was nearly carjacked by a dude who didn’t see him sleeping in the car and wanted to steal it.

Toronto has become no different than major US cities, sadly. Gun controlled, happy ho hum Canadian Toronto.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#506 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

Harrowing.

A friend was in Toronto recently and fell asleep in his SUV as his family went out and did their thing. He was nearly carjacked by a dude who didn’t see him sleeping in the car and wanted to steal it.

Toronto has become no different than major US cities, sadly. Gun controlled, happy ho hum Canadian Toronto.

Toronto is actually below the national average for violent crime. It has high absolute numbers, but it also has a huge proportion of the population. It's Winnipeg that leads the country in terms of rate of violent crime. Of course, statistics only represent reported crime.

• SgtNeonPanda likes this

#507 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

...meanwhile US news is reporting the shooter had been on ISIS websites and there was islamic extremism stuff posted on his face book.

https://www.cbsnews....man-2018-07-24/

There is nothing in that article about “extremist stuff posted on his face book”. Was such a thing reported elsewhere?

#508 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,524 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

^he did say US news was saying this... he did not say which one though.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#509 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

^he did say US news was saying this... he did not say which one though.

I just want to know the origin of that particular line.

Incidentally, there are dozens of Facebook accounts named Faisal Hussein.

#510 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,524 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

Oh I know... I am just a Libra that randomly takes sides! 😁
  • Benezet likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#511 Wayne

Wayne
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Mike K., on 24 Jul 2018 - 3:20 PM, said:

Harrowing.

Yes it is  getting worse in Toronto,  But its not even close to the cities in the US.

• SgtNeonPanda likes this

#512 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Meh ... even in big American Cities you're rarely going to find yourself in harms way if you make even a modest effort to learn a bit about whatever town you're visiting.

Even 30+ years ago ... EVEN during the hippie craze of the 60's ... you didn't wander into San Francisco's Tenderloin after 10:00pm, and if you did you likely wound up getting rolled.

Same in Vancouver or Toronto ... back in 1975, both cities were two or three times as "rough" as they are in 2018 (but I suppose if you insist on heading into the Downtown Eastside after midnight today, just like in 1975, you'll likely find quick trouble).

Vancouver in 1975 - to folks who didn't live there or are too young to remember it ... would be almost unrecognizable compared to today.

Check out the NFB's "Whistling Smith" for a good look at the really rough streets of Vancouver in the 70's.

From the hookers of Mt. Pleasant taking over entire neighbourhoods, to the transvestite hookers taking over the waterfront in the West, and the "kiddie stroll" on the waterfront in the East ... with drug dealers all up and down Granville St., and with entire chunks of the City unsafe to enter after dark ... Vancouver in 2018 is Disneyland compared to Vancouver in 1973.

They finally cleaned up Vancouver for EXPO86, and by and large Vancouver remains "cleaned up" today.

No different in Toronto, New York, San Francisco or Miami.

Although there are always the incredibly sad news stories that highlight innocent passer-by's getting shot (Danforth, TO), the reality is that such violence affects a minuscule percentage of the North American population ... with the majority of the violence being experienced by the same folks that have always experienced it ... gang members, drug dealers, drug addicts, and miscreants of all stripes.

• jonny likes this

#513 RFS

RFS
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

I just want to know the origin of that particular line.

Incidentally, there are dozens of Facebook accounts named Faisal Hussein.

The article states that he expressed support for ISIS. I assumed that meant on social media/face book. So far CBC has still not acknowledged the ISIS connection.
Meanwhile globe and mail does some actual journalism with this story
https://www.theglobe...-final-moments/

'In the final moments of a mass shooting on a crowded Toronto street, attacker Faisal Hussain came face to face with a frightened resident. Armed with a handgun and moments from his own death, he told the man his life would be spared.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to shoot you," Mr. Hussain said.

Just moments before, neighbourhood resident Jaspal Singh was cutting through a laneway on his way to his restaurant on the busy Danforth strip when he ran into the gunman.'

So why did he spare Jaspal Singh? Could the attack be racially motivated? Perhaps he (probably mistakenly) assumed Mr Singh was muslim or arab? Or just not white. Anyway imagine if CBC did actual journalism

#514 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

The article states that he expressed support for ISIS. I assumed that meant on social media/face book. So far CBC has still not acknowledged the ISIS connection.
Meanwhile globe and mail does some actual journalism with this story
https://www.theglobe...-final-moments/

'In the final moments of a mass shooting on a crowded Toronto street, attacker Faisal Hussain came face to face with a frightened resident. Armed with a handgun and moments from his own death, he told the man his life would be spared.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to shoot you," Mr. Hussain said.

Just moments before, neighbourhood resident Jaspal Singh was cutting through a laneway on his way to his restaurant on the busy Danforth strip when he ran into the gunman.'

So why did he spare Jaspal Singh? Could the attack be racially motivated? Perhaps he (probably mistakenly) assumed Mr Singh was muslim or arab? Or just not white. Anyway imagine if CBC did actual journalism

The way the shooting was carried out didn't resemble ISIS attacks, his family literally went into great detail about his mental illness struggles, his condition was in display when he first made contact with the police, if you go shooting people at random in Toronto you will probably hit non-white people more often than not. "Actual journalism" doesn't consist of wild conjectures based on a narrative that all violent Muslim-sounding people would go after light-skinned heathens.

#515 RFS

RFS
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

The way the shooting was carried out didn't resemble ISIS attacks, his family literally went into great detail about his mental illness struggles, his condition was in display when he first made contact with the police, if you go shooting people at random in Toronto you will probably hit non-white people more often than not. "Actual journalism" doesn't consist of wild conjectures based on a narrative that all violent Muslim-sounding people would go after light-skinned heathens.

Oh the family says he wasn't a fantatical extremist? What a surprise.
And if you know anything about Toronto you know the area he went to is one of the whitest neighbourhoods. The neighbourhood the shooter lived in was not.
All I'm saying is, if a white man had left a white neighbourhood, gone into a Muslim community, killed 2 Muslim girls including a 10 year old, spared a white man he came across, and then it had been revealed he was on whatever the white supremacy version of ISIS websites is, the CBC would be having a very different news day.

Also not sure what you mean by doesnt resemble ISIS attacks. Guy fired 20 times hit 14 people. Shot into restaurants and cafes. It very much resembles a European ISIS attack.

And by actual journalism i mean examining a story for what it is, not just pushing a mental illness narrative at all costs and turning off commenting which cbc has now does. If you read comments on CTV and others people are Pissed that US news sites are the only ones actually reporting the news on this attack. Truly shameful for Canadian media

#516 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:19 PM

The article states that he expressed support for ISIS. I assumed that meant on social media/face book...

I’m sorry, but the article did not state he expressed support for ISIS. It says this:

“But a law enforcement source told CBS News that Faisal Hussain visited Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) websites and may have expressed support for the terrorist group.”

The key words are “may have”, which, coming from one unidentified party, should be taken with 5 lb bag of salt. Please, RFS, wait until credible evidence comes to light before assuming anything.

#517 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

Oh the family says he wasn't a fantatical extremist? What a surprise.
And if you know anything about Toronto you know the area he went to is one of the whitest neighbourhoods. The neighbourhood the shooter lived in was not.
All I'm saying is, if a white man had left a white neighbourhood, gone into a Muslim community, killed 2 Muslim girls including a 10 year old, spared a white man he came across, and then it had been revealed he was on whatever the white supremacy version of ISIS websites is, the CBC would be having a very different news day.

Also not sure what you mean by doesnt resemble ISIS attacks. Guy fired 20 times hit 14 people. Shot into restaurants and cafes. It very much resembles a European ISIS attack.

And by actual journalism i mean examining a story for what it is, not just pushing a mental illness narrative at all costs and turning off commenting which cbc has now does. If you read comments on CTV and others people are Pissed that US news sites are the only ones actually reporting the news on this attack. Truly shameful for Canadian media

Yes, I'm sure someone who hates the white man would target Danforth lol. It's whiter than the GTA average because of the Greek population but it's still well over 30% visible minority. I don't think you know much about it other than the fact you noticed one of the targets was a Greek Restaurant and you thought "Aha! Greeks are white! The two dead are white! The liberal media will never mention this!" (let's just gloss over that Greek cuisine is delicious and accessed by people of all colors and creed, or that 13 other people were injured, or that when people think "white" Greeks are pretty far down the list)

To you it's more plausible that everyone who knows him, including his family and law enforcement, just made up everything about him struggling with mental illness just to appear politically correct and not count it as one more to the Islamic extremist tally... as done by absolutely no one ever. 

Didn't shoot at everything that moved, express his religious motive, no contact with terrorists, or question heathens like the usual ISIS terrorists? Everyone who's spoken out about him tells of a long struggle with mental illness? No! If a Muslim man kills he must be a terrorist unless the evidence is overwhelmingly otherwise! And if the evidence is overwhelming then it's a cover-up by the politically correct media! Derp.

His parents weren't thinking "oh no we better hide the truth so the alt-right *****es about gun control instead of Islam", they were thinking that his son did something ****ing terrible and died violently. Sorry bud, but not everything to the minutest detail is a liberal conspiracy to coddle non-whites and non-Christians. Did you also waste away your day trying to argue Minassian was actually targeting Koreans? Jesus ****ing Christ. 

E: Let me emphasize the size of our posts does not correlate with the relevancy of the argument; it's sure gone down an idiotic line.

Edited by Casual Kev, 24 July 2018 - 10:04 PM.

#518 RFS

RFS
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:12 AM

Yes, I'm sure someone who hates the white man would target Danforth lol. It's whiter than the GTA average because of the Greek population but it's still well over 30% visible minority. I don't think you know much about it other than the fact you noticed one of the targets was a Greek Restaurant and you thought "Aha! Greeks are white! The two dead are white! The liberal media will never mention this!" (let's just gloss over that Greek cuisine is delicious and accessed by people of all colors and creed, or that 13 other people were injured, or that when people think "white" Greeks are pretty far down the list)

To you it's more plausible that everyone who knows him, including his family and law enforcement, just made up everything about him struggling with mental illness just to appear politically correct and not count it as one more to the Islamic extremist tally... as done by absolutely no one ever.

Didn't shoot at everything that moved, express his religious motive, no contact with terrorists, or question heathens like the usual ISIS terrorists? Everyone who's spoken out about him tells of a long struggle with mental illness? No! If a Muslim man kills he must be a terrorist unless the evidence is overwhelmingly otherwise! And if the evidence is overwhelming then it's a cover-up by the politically correct media! Derp.

His parents weren't thinking "oh no we better hide the truth so the alt-right *****es about gun control instead of Islam", they were thinking that his son did something ****ing terrible and died violently. Sorry bud, but not everything to the minutest detail is a liberal conspiracy to coddle non-whites and non-Christians. Did you also waste away your day trying to argue Minassian was actually targeting Koreans? Jesus ****ing Christ.

E: Let me emphasize the size of our posts does not correlate with the relevancy of the argument; it's sure gone down an idiotic line.

"The man who has presented himself as the point of contact for the family of Faisal Hussain is a professional activist who has reportedly committed himself to “framing a new narrative of Muslims in Canada” and creating a “national political movement.”

https://torontosun.c...amily-statement

Look its not exactly a massive conspiracy to think that the family might not want to talk about their sons extremism or connection to ISIS.

As for mental illness, he probably was disturbed or psychotic but that doesn't preclude him from being an islamic terrorist or change my point. And sorry but the fact that within hours the CBC was aggressively pushing that narrative, ignoring other breaking news about the shooter that was coming out on American media, and blocking comments on videos and articles is extremely suspect in my book.

"Neighbours and co-workers have said Hussain did not display signs of mental illness, as far as they had seen. But, as the Sun has reported, Hussain was visited by law enforcement over concerns of visiting pro-ISIL websites, as well as dealt with under the Mental Health Act by Toronto Police on several occasions for concerns of behaviour and violence"

#519 RFS

RFS
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:16 AM

http://www.iheartrad...istan-1.4200280

Investigators are looking into whether Hussain may have lived at one time in Afghanistan and possibly Pakistan, the source said.

Considering he hit 14 out of 20 targets with a hand gun while walking, it wouldn't surprise me if he had some training. Not an easy task

ISIS has claimed responsibility.

#520 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

http://www.iheartrad...istan-1.4200280

ISIS has claimed responsibility.

From the article itself (and also from the CBS article):

“There is no indication that Hussain was directed by ISIS to carry out the attack. ”

So, where did you learn that ISIS has claimed responsibility?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users