The Man Called "The Curse of Harriet Road"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

This guy appears to be a royal prick. I get that he's an alcoholic but still--this dude has been torturing his poor neighbours for years.

...police have been at the house more than 200 times since Tkachuk, 41, moved in with his father in 2007. Tkachuk has piled garbage and junk all around the property and used power tools to saw metal at 3 a.m. Unsavoury characters are at the house day and night, there are tents in the backyard, and neighbours are awakened by fistfights, yelling, screaming and profanity.

I love the straight talk from the judge here:

“I am unable to come to any conclusion other than you just don’t give a damn about anybody except yourself. You will not be deterred except by the most emphatic of gestures. The time is long past when I’m interested in letting you out to show that you can be a good boy,” said Baird.
“You’re a nuisance and a curse to this neighbourhood. They’ve had enough and I don’t blame them and they are to be left in peace for ever more.”
Baird warned Tkachuk that the next time he breached, he would spend more time in jail.
“The next time, 30 days is the basement. That’s where it starts. It will be 30. It will be 60, it will be 90, 120. If you want to spend the rest of your adult life in jail, because you can’t restrain the impulse to be a jerk, be my guest. I’ll be happy to assist you in that connection,”

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2Z08Nkrbt

Anyone heard of this guy?

Post any other stories of troublesome residents here. If using names, quote from news stories only.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#2 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

oh I wonder what house with it is. probably can tell by driving down the street

#3 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

Probably has not gotten any cleaner since the Google St view in 2011

https://maps.google....5ZozmLrjofGMNlw

#4 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

I thought I'd heard of this guy, but I'm guessing that he isn't the David Tkachuk who sits in the senate.

I think Robin Baird deserves a ticker tape parade. :banana:

#5 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Many years ago on a road not too far away we had a pair of heroin addicts living next door. Property was a mess.

The house was sold and I got to take a walk through with the guy who bought it to refurbish it. About a foot of garbage covering the entire floor plan, blood spray from shooting up in the bath tub and up the walls. Complete mess. Half the walls had to be torn down to the studs.

Hardwood floor under all the garbage was nice, after it was sanded and refinished. Sanding heated up the floor and brought out a good strong urine smell.

A friend of mine made the mistake of opening up the freezer door. We had to evacuate for half an hour to get away from the smell of meat that had been decomposing for what must have been months.

I think he went through three of those large dumpsters in the streetview of the Harriet Rd. house above.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users