• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

http://www.vicnews.c.../215714291.html

New marketing plans for Sidney will encourage visitors to "come get your share" of all that the community has to offer.

Sidney's Business Improvement Area (BIA) gave town councillors a brief overview of their branding and marketing plans last night, which carry the tagline of "Distinctly Sidney" and the catchphrase, "Come Get Your Share" which they say can be paired with some of the community's selling points, such as relaxation, shopping, memories and culture. Angus Matthews, the BIA's marketing committee chair, says the organization put in hundreds of hours in developing the brand and the marketing plan they plan to target to audiences mostly outside of Sidney.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

The positioning line makes Sidney out to be a soup kitchen. I'm not sure I like it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

I don't understand the need to reach out to Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle. At all. They should market themselves to the 320,000 right here, that forget how cool Sidney is.

Then find a way to also get a few people coming off the ferry to head into town with a real ground-breaking, out-of-the-box display on the ferries...
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Well with the population declining, they need some better ideas. I vote for the following taglines:
Sidney: You can store your grandparents here.
Sidney: Last McDonalds before the ferry.

#5 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

"Come and get your share, before 5pm."

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

This gets the quote of the day award :)

But seriously though, Sidney is quite a drive for the majority of the population and once you're there you're literally at the end of the line. Langford is popular with people who love to go on drives because you can keep going west or north should you feel like exploring further.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Well with the population declining, they need some better ideas. I vote for the following taglines:
Sidney: You can store your grandparents here.

Is Sidney's population declining?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Sidney as a municipality saw a slight drop in the last census but the Saanich Peninsula as a whole grew faster than the urban core.

Know it all.

#9 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, the population of Sidney proper (the town) declined by 137 between 2006 and 2011. But Sidney is only 5 square kilometres and much of it is commercial, as we all know. It wouldn't take much to cause a shift like that in either direction.

#10 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

...Sidney is quite a drive for the majority of the population and once you're there you're literally at the end of the line...

It's an excellent day trip by bicycle though for lunch at Beacon's Landing. And there's the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre. And there's [that's all I've got actually]...

#11 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

It's a fun little town for light shopping and some surprisingly good food, but even as someone very used to how early Victoria goes to bed I was pretty caught off guard at how early Sidney goes to bed, and it seems to sleep straight through sunday too.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#12 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

A couple friends of mine used to rent an apartment (when I was in my mid 20's) above a commercial unit in the centre of town. We used to have some great parties, with no complaints cause there wasn't much around for a block or two, residential wise...

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

http://distinctlysidney.ca/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users