todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 10:23 AM

I find the term “woke” is dorky?

#82 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 11:45 AM

Boatbuilding and other marine industries are extremely sensitive re: nonsense politics. Question the narratives even a little bit and your business is sure to suffer.

#83 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 15 April 2023 - 09:15 AM

https://www.timescol...tax-hit-6858383

One, very high profile business, one that's been winning business, and one we should be proud of is hit with 37%, at the doorstep to a recession. City staff actually admit incompetence... that they can't get the work done on time (and blaming a Provincial deadline that has been known for years.) Our city is a sh!t-show. (sorry, Mike.) I'm struggling to imagine worse management.

If Mayor Alto didn't personally phone Ian Maxwell to tell him this about this abomination, she is even less qualified, a worse leader, than I already thought. 

• Nparker and Daveyboy like this

#84 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 09:47 AM

For an average renter, a full month’s rent is property tax.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#85 Daveyboy

Daveyboy
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 12:27 PM

https://www.timescol...tax-hit-6858383

One, very high profile business, one that's been winning business, and one we should be proud of is hit with 37%, at the doorstep to a recession. City staff actually admit incompetence... that they can't get the work done on time (and blaming a Provincial deadline that has been known for years.) Our city is a sh!t-show. (sorry, Mike.) I'm struggling to imagine worse management.

If Mayor Alto didn't personally phone Ian Maxwell to tell him this about this abomination, she is even less qualified, a worse leader, than I already thought. 

COV elected staff are so unaware of reality and where the jobs/businesses/workers that really contribute to the Victoria economy are based.  Anyone who actually read that explanation by alto would shake their head at the ignorance revealed.  Either that or the downright lies. Or perhaps it's a combination of both but the basic management of what council and mayor are supposed to be doing is intentionally overlooked and ignored. Farcical.....

• Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users