BUILT
Upper Harbour Place II
Use: office
Address: 655 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Upper Harbour Place II is a five-storey, 98,000 square foot office building along the 600-block of Tyee Road i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Upper Harbour Place II on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Upper Harbour Place office | 5- and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2007

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

I think that's what it's called :? ....someone correct me and I'll fix it.
Phase 2 is almost finished...
Today:
IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

Phase one:
IMG_5122.jpg

#2 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

What's that building rising in the background? Is that Synergy?

Also, will those decks on the back (harbour side) of Upper Harbour Place be linked to the stuff to come down below or what?

#3 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

Gum Gum going picture crazy today! :tup:

Will there be enough sidewalk vibrancy here or are these developments scaled for drive by enjoyment only?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#4 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

I hope they haven't blown it because it really could have been a great street.

Then again, I think it's safe to say that no matter what happens it will be much better than the Songhees.

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:18 PM

Yeah I am not even sure what DGs plan is for the bottom of their buildings facing Tyee are they commercial?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#6 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:25 PM

There are two retail spaces that face Tyee on the Synergy. There's a bakery and a pub planned behind Synergy.
Yeah aastra, that's synergy in the background.

#7 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:47 PM

I thought the pub was on the Point Hope Shipyard site?

It has a whole new look!

#8 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

Maybe there's one planned there too.

#9 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:48 PM

There's a gym and spa planned for Phase 2 of Upper Harbour.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

Word is 75% of the space has been pre-leased for some of the highest rates in the entire CRD. There's an advert for the remaining space beside the newest phase, which is in final stages of cladding and exterior finishing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:31 PM

With the amount of useless space for hobo's to sleep and meth heads to hide bikes (sorry, green space amenities) these buildings all along the gorge in vic west really need to be 3-4 stories taller. What's the density of these places, like 1.5:1 or something ridiculously wasteful? When did a lack of pedestrian interest and accesibility become an amenity?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#13 jonathanq

jonathanq
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

Our company is moving into Upper Habour Place (Phase 2) once it is complete.

The gym that is going into that building is on the bottom floor and is called Bala Fitness http://www.balafitness.com.

#14 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

I saw the ads for that. Who is you r target market to start off with. Office workers or the new residents of the area?

Welcome to the board by the way!

It has a whole new look!

#15 jonathanq

jonathanq
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

Sorry - should have been more clear. I work for a different company that is moving in. But as (soon to be) new tenants, Bala fitness has come to make a presentation to us about the gym.

Their target market is probably both residents and the office workers. Basically anyone that can afford their (in my opinion, high) prices.

I believe regular rate is somewhere about $70 or $85 a month depending on the level of membership. No contracts, just a sign up fee (which is about the same as any normal gym's "contract breaking fee".

Our corporate rate is less. But not enough to make it affordable :)

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

Nice. I have a friend moving in there and word is that her firm is receiving a free lease for an extended period due to the delay in construction. Not bad.

I checked out the Bala display centre a while back and the prices really threw me off. With the Gorge Rowing gym directly across the harbour priced at $30 a month (granted, less equipment and probably less services) it'll be hard to convince a large swath of people to choose Bala -- especially with both Bayview and Parc Residences having their own mini gyms. Although if memory serves me right from a convo I had in the presentation centre, Bala is counting on the delay in construction of the Bayview gym to boost their membership for a while.

Know it all.

#17 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Was looking at the Ipper Harbour Place buildings while paddling in the Upper Harbour today....

Those blank concrete parkade walls above the rock retaining walls are grafitti covered already...

Good thing that Dockside Green will build between them and the Goose..

#18 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

Nice. I have a friend moving in there and word is that her firm is receiving a free lease for an extended period due to the delay in construction. Not bad.

I checked out the Bala display centre a while back and the prices really threw me off. With the Gorge Rowing gym directly across the harbour priced at $30 a month (granted, less equipment and probably less services) it'll be hard to convince a large swath of people to choose Bala -- especially with both Bayview and Parc Residences having their own mini gyms. Although if memory serves me right from a convo I had in the presentation centre, Bala is counting on the delay in construction of the Bayview gym to boost their membership for a while.

Plus at gorge, you get the rowing girls there everyday, and the pub next door. Bala has to up their game to entice the male clientele.

#19 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

TransGlobe buys Victoria office building

Carla Wilson, Times Colonist
[url=http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=62378f7a-3122-4a31-a22f-38c4fbb5b4b4&k=47358:62645]Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2007[/url:62645]

An Ontario company is buying another major building in Greater Victoria.

TransGlobe Property Management has moved quickly into B.C. in the past couple of years. Its latest purchase, Upper Harbour Place II at the corner of Bay Street and Tyee Road in Victoria, was announced yesterday.

This new, five-level Class A office building with 100,000 square feet of commercial space adds to the company's holdings of more than 1,000 rental-apartment units in Greater Victoria. In March, TransGlobe announced it had bought 20 apartment buildings in B.C.

Upper Harbour Place II features glass on its exterior and includes two levels of below-grade parking. It was developed by Griffiths Milne Clough Projects Inc. and follows the first phase of that area's development along Tyee Road.

"This acquisition adds a real gem to TransGlobe's portfolio in B.C. and provides commercial tenants in Victoria with a new, high-quality project," company president Daniel Drimmer said yesterday.

"The building is an important part of our growth strategy in the B.C. market. It complements our growing commercial holdings in Victoria and Vancouver."

Class A - considered the top level of office space - is difficult to find in Victoria. A November vacancy report from Colliers International's Victoria market put the vacancy rate for this type of office space at 1.8 per cent, one of the lowest in the country.

TransGlobe is based in Mississauga and holds a large portfolio of residential and commercial buildings across the country.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#20 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:22 AM

oh no I hope this building doesn't get plastered with TransGlobe signs. ever notice any of their apartment buildings around town? they have so many blue signs on them, each one with the TransGlobe logo on it. they are like giant advertisments!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users