• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the update.

A great way for local businesses to become involved on VV is to keep everyone updated on going ons and especially when renovations or improvements are underway. Are there any photos of the interior that you can share with us?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#22 Float House Victoria

Float House Victoria
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi Mike ... We have a very active facebook page (http://www.facebook....athousevictoria) that we have been using. Lots of construction photos and a good place to keep up to date with our progress!
Float House Victoria
Sensory Deprivation & Floatation
662 Herald St.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1S7
www.floathouse.ca

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the link.

You'll probably find that by posting progress photos directly to the forum you'll generate more interest and reach out to more than just Facebook followers on your page. A lot of readers here really appreciate photo updates from new or existing businesses :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 Float House Victoria

Float House Victoria
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Ok ... thanks Mike. I will post pictures here too as we move forward. Thanks for the tip ;)
Float House Victoria
662 Herald St.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1S7
www.floathouse.ca

#25 James Bay walker

James Bay walker

CustomUserTitle

• 638 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

We are also constructing our centre with complete sensory deprivation in mind ... solid walls and lots of sound proofing insulation - so you shouldn't hear any traffic or other noises!

When walking by yesterday I noticed the front windows are now 'thermopane' (great way to cut back on street noise). Will the mostly glass entrance door also have thermopane window(s)?

Six float tanks, wow! Will any be extra large, for a couple's experience?

jbw

editted to add: Suggestion: make the entranceway off the sidewalk 'wheelchair friendly', which ought not take much at all imo, setup one of the six as fully handicapped accessible. And I urge you provide some detail about the "Intro Pack @ $135". I figured it means 3 floats (chanced across a Yelp review before I could figure that out), but still wonder if it's for regular duration float sessions.

#26 Float House Victoria

Float House Victoria
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Street noise - especially in that area Herald St. - is not going to be much of a problem. You are right though - the big glass windows are double paned. The top little ones are not - which may require a look into. But each of the 6 float rooms will be fully soundproofed - double layer 5/8" drywall and roxul insulation. Our space has also been designed to maximize the distance between each room/tank for better sound isolation between rooms. We are very much paying attention to any noise issues - I assure you.

EDIT: Yes - the new door that is replacing the old one will have double layer glass too ;)
Float House Victoria
662 Herald St.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1S7
www.floathouse.ca

#27 Float House Victoria

Float House Victoria
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

The front step is a bit of an issue ... Our whole facility is in fact wheelchair accessible and we even have a larger room available for those who need a little extra space. The problem is that our building is a heritage building - which means that we have to put in an application to change the "look" of the front facade. It also relatively expensive to remove the existing granite slab and pour a concrete ramp. What we are thinking about is having a removable/portable ramp that can be put down to allow wheelchair access. But it is something we have been thinking about for sure!
Float House Victoria
662 Herald St.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1S7
www.floathouse.ca

#28 Float House Victoria

Float House Victoria
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

To answer your other question ... the $135 3-float package will be available - which is 3 full length floats (90 mins). It's only available once per customer however.
Float House Victoria
662 Herald St.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1S7
www.floathouse.ca

#29 Float House Victoria

Float House Victoria
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

A little construction update from Float House Victoria ... walls up, plumbing and electrical done, in-floor heating down ... concrete floors being poured early next week. Drywall starting end of of next week. A few photos ...

https://fbcdn-sphoto...342437253_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-s...551765790_n.jpg

See more photos and updates at http://www.facebook....athousevictoria
Float House Victoria
662 Herald St.
Victoria, BC
V8W 1S7
www.floathouse.ca

#30 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Very nice, thank you for the update.

Know it all.

#31 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Work is still being done for the opening. I've heard the float tanks are coming in next month

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

I'll be floating today for the first time ever.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#33 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

^ We look forward to your report.

#34 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Highly recommended. Although to fully enjoy the benefits, you need to try it more than a couple of times. It takes practice.

#35 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

I predict VHF will learn you can't take strippers into the float room.

• D.L. likes this
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users