Gracepoint television series

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#341 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

^ Ya, if they billed it as a "manslaughter mystery" or "accidental death mystery" it might not have been as attractive.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#342 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

It was a little disappointing, but not sure the ending could have been that much different. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#343 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

Homicide: Life on the Street, also set in Baltimore and written partly by the same writer, David Simon, was one I enjoyed back in the day.

I'm going to take a look at Treme by Simon next.  It's got a 100 critics /85 audience rating on RT, that looks promising.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#344 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

I've split the discussion on other TV shows into its own thread here: http://vibrantvictor...ral-discussion/

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#345 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Broadchurch S02 is doing poorly.

Broadchurch, the ITV crime drama, has been beaten by Silent Witness after pulling in its lowest audience ever, dropping two million viewers from its series premiere.

The show, which became cult viewing in its first season, was watched by an average 5.7 million viewers, compared with 7.6 million who watched the first episode of the second series.

By the end of its first series it had built an audience to 8.7 million as viewers were desperate to find out the culprit.

It has now suffered a drop in ratings, as the show is blighted by compaints about the accuracy of plot lines and problems hearing the lines.

That was after 3 episodes, the 4th just aired yesterday.

#346 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Funny, I am quite enjoying Broadchurch 2.0.

#347 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

Funny, I am quite enjoying Broadchurch 2.0.

I'm having a bit of trouble following 2 story-lines at once, although I'm usually watching while working.

#348 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble following 2 story-lines at once, although I'm usually watching while working.

Multi monitoring eh? Is the work story-line the one you are having trouble with?  :)

#349 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Here's Norm MacDonald on Letterman back in 1998. He calls Vancouver Island "God's country" just like Letterman did when the guy from Gracepoint was on in 2014 (around 6:25). So a guest spoke it to Letterman in 1998 and then Letterman spoke it to a guest in 2014. Now I'd really like to dig up that old clip from Letterman's early days to see if he used the same expression that time as well.

Segment begins around 7:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnE3p7A7jw

"Of course, I didn't come to Victoria to have sex with old Harold Delaney. I came to do some sightseeing."

Edited by aastra, 08 September 2016 - 04:41 PM.

• Rob Randall and todd like this

#350 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

Here's Norm MacDonald on Letterman back in 1998. He calls Vancouver Island "God's country"...

Does that mean VI is imaginary? If so, can I stop paying taxes?

• todd likes this

#351 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

Me no get it. God = the state? In my reality they tend to be the exact opposite.

#352 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

Hence why whenever the state does something people tend to utter some variation of "God help us."

#353 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

Here's Norm MacDonald on Letterman back in 1998. He calls Vancouver Island "God's country" just like Letterman did when the guy from Gracepoint was on in 2014 (around 6:25). So a guest spoke it to Letterman in 1998 and then Letterman spoke it to a guest in 2014. Now I'd really like to dig up that old clip from Letterman's early days to see if he used the same expression that time as well.

Segment begins around 7:20:

https://www.youtube....bed/AQnE3p7A7jw

"Of course, I didn't come to Victoria to have sex with old Harold Delaney. I came to do some sightseeing."

What an outstanding pre TripAdvisor days review of Victoria.

Edited by todd, 09 September 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#354 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

True story: my aunt runs a Bed N' Breakfast in Victoria BC and Norm stayed there a few years ago. She had no idea who he was and played scrabble with him all night. She saw him on TV a while later and recognized him, checked the registry etc and now loves to tell the story. Apparently he's a very nice guy in person and is a damn good scrabble player.

-----------------------------------------

My jaw is on the floor. That's awesome! No, her last name is Machan. I'm pretty sure Norm embellished things a bit to make for a funny story. Still, I can't friggin' wait to show her this...perhaps she has some explaining to do.

And she does make a mean eggs benny.

I can't thank you enough for that link!

http://forum.rottent...pic/show/568890

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users