• 52,121 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

http://www.timescolo...-arena-1.785578

Place your bets!

I'll start:

• Saunders Subaru Arena
  • Alpine Group Centre
  • Wilson's Transport Sportsplex

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Capital City Centre Arena. :)

• sebberry likes this

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

The Great Canadian Arena?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Howie's Ice Corral?   :rtfm:

• Mixed365 likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

http://www.timescolo...-arena-1.785578

Place your bets!

I'll start:

• Saunders Subaru Arena
  • Alpine Group Centre
  • Wilson's Transport Sportsplex

I gotta go with VHF on the "Alpine Group Centre."  And if that happens, it will soon be plastered with gaudy neon lights as is the Alpine World Headquarters on the Veterans Memorial Parkway. :wacko:

Can't count out "Scansa Sportsplex" either.

Edited by Lorenzo, 11 January 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Westhills Arena
Royal Bay Arena

But it'll actually be Lordco Place. Mark my words.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Save On's Other Place

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

I'm somehow thinking it's going to be Coca-Cola Place.  Westhills would be smart to stay away, they have the complexes actually close to them.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Lucky Lager Palace.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Redneck Rink.

• Nparker and Jill like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#11 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

These are all very good.

I'm somehow thinking it's going to be Coca-Cola Place.  Westhills would be smart to stay away, they have the complexes actually close to them.

You know, it was a year before I was informed that Bear Mountain arena wasn't actually at Bear Mountain. One person on Facebook said it should be called "The House That Frosted Tips Built".

• Mike K., Nparker and Jill like this
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Westhills Arena
Royal Bay Arena

But it'll actually be Lordco Place. Mark my words.

It's going to be announced before noon today.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

"100.3 The Q! Centre"

Know it all.

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

"100.3 The Q Arena"

Oh my...

Actually, it's 100.3 The Q! Centre.  Or as competing radio stations will refer to it, "the large Juan de Fuca Arena!"

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

You've got the refresh the page more often, man!

The arena has its own theme song with Ed Bain's "Langford Man." He had a plan two decades in the making. Amazing.

Know it all.

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

You've got the refresh the page more often, man!

Whatever, you have the power to change history.

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

I'm a powerful man, VHF, but not quite that powerful.

Know it all.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Wow, CFAX says the Q is paying $1.8M over ten years.  That's a lot of cake just for the name.  Maybe they get some free rentals to bring in some acts.  ClearChannel in the US was both a radio-station owner and concert promoter, until they spun off LiveNation, yet they remain linked by board members.  ClearChannel also runs outdoor advertising, like Jim Pattison does.  Q is a Pattison station.

#19 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

What do other cities' media outlets do when a competitor names a prominent sports facility? It will be awkward for them and hilarious for us if C-FAX has to say "100.3 the Q" every hour.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#20 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

With that ridiculously sounding name, I predict many locals will continue to call it Bear Mountain Arena... or perhaps will shorten it to 'The Q'.

• tedward likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users