Greater Victoria public schools thread

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#221 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 01:42 PM

“Following backlash, B.C. to maintain current model to fund autism support”: https://globalnews.c...individualized/

Does that include Asperger’s? in about 2013 it was included in the autism spectrum. Just worried about people in other categories getting fair funding. Nowadays it’s a large spectrum, Elon Musk in recent years announced he has Asperger’s

https://www.autismsp...perger-syndrome

One issue is of course that 4x more families are claiming an autistic child than 20 years ago.

#222 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 07:48 PM

Ironically likely the biggest push for including Asperger‘s under the autism category was to gain access to funding

#223 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 10:12 PM

Of course. Parents can get up to $22,000 per child. Of course they are going to sign up.
  • Matt R. likes this

#224 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 03:38 AM

Hundreds of Chicago teachers and school officials sexually groomed and assaulted students last school year, according to a report released this week.

The Chicago Public Schools Office of the Inspector General released its annual report Sunday, saying it substantiated more than 300 misconduct allegations out of more than 600 complaints for the 2021-22 school year.

https://www.foxnews....ed-students.amp

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 January 2023 - 03:38 AM.

#225 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 11:08 AM

Seattle Times:

Why have thousands of kids gone missing from schools?

More than 10,000 Washington students are among the hundreds of thousands of kids in the U.S. who can’t be accounted for in public schools, according to a new analysis.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 February 2023 - 11:08 AM.

#226 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 11 February 2023 - 06:05 AM

Something here does not add up.

https://www.vicnews....after-32-years/

‘We are devastated’: SD61 boots Saanich child-care centre after 32 years

School district hasn’t given child-care operator a reason

#227 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 12:29 AM

Timmermans must have had the Marine Corps version of teacher college...

Screenshot 2023-03-08 00.13.04.png

B.C. teacher who said he would rip out students' vocal cords reprimanded for misconduct

CTV Vancouver Island

A Vancouver Island school teacher who told a bus full of Grade 3 students that he would rip out their vocal cords and throw them out the window if they started shouting has been reprimanded for professional misconduct and ordered to complete a course on creating a positive learning environment.

An investigation by British Columbia's commissioner for teacher regulation found Edward Gerrit Timmermans failed to treat his students with acceptance, dignity and respect, and failed to show adequate care for their mental and emotional well-being, according to a consent resolution agreement signed by both parties and published Tuesday.

In May 2021, the school district reported to the commissioner that Timmermans was teaching a Grade 6 class when a Grade 7 student walked by the classroom and rudely asked one of Timmermans's students what they were looking at.

Timmermans told his student: "Are you laughing at [Student B] due to the bikini top?" according to the consent resolution agreement.

The teacher then approached the Grade 7 student in the hallway and said: "Perhaps [Student A] is laughing at you because of what you’re wearing… You have your bra hanging out and people are going to look at you."

He later added: "[Last week] you were wearing booty shorts so short your bum was showing and I had to turn my eyes away."

In (another) incident, Timmermans was on a bus with his Grade 3 class heading out on a fieldtrip.

"Using the microphone on the bus, he welcomed the students, made a few jokes and then added: 'If you need to stand up to shout across the bus you need to understand that I will rip out your vocal cords and then throw them out the window," according to the agreement.

In another incident, Timmermans was in a parent-teacher meeting for one of his Grade 3 students when the student's mother said she had concerns with her child becoming physically combative.

"Timmermans responded by saying words to the effect of: 'If [Student C] takes a swing at me, I’ll block it and [Student C] may get hurt.' Timmermans then gestured with his arm," according to the agreement.

More: https://vancouverisl...nduct-1.6303186

Edited by pontcanna, 08 March 2023 - 07:54 AM.

#228 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 09:06 AM

And you wonder why so many parents send their kids to private schools?

#229 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 12:09 PM

He’s still allowed to teach?!

#230 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 12:21 PM

"They" are still allowed to teach, right?

teacher-j.jpg

#231 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 09:19 AM

"They" are still allowed to teach, right?
teacher-j.jpg

keeps your eyes focussed at the front of the classroom, I don’t care who you are try to look away

I wish all teachers cared that much about their students

Edited by Mike K., 09 March 2023 - 09:20 AM.

#232 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 09:20 AM

That teacher is on permanent fully paid leave now. I think that was the goal.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 March 2023 - 09:20 AM.

#233 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 09:26 AM

That teacher is on permanent fully paid leave now. I think that was the goal.

had nothing to do with Nparker‘s anti-boob posts?

#234 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 09:29 AM

There are always minor contributing factors.

#235 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 09:40 AM

had nothing to do with Nparker‘s anti-boob posts?

I never took a public stance on boobs - pro or anti.

• todd likes this

#236 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 09:50 AM

That shop teacher is the boss troll. Checkmate.
The issue is that the more they mandate opinion, thought, and double think on people, the more the reaction is. While this troll exposed what was going on in the schools to the masses. The constant elevation of choosing an alternative gender and forcing everyone to make that a thought priority does the opposite of creating inclusivity. It creates more division and reasons of us vs them. Perhaps that’s the intention…
  • Nparker and LJ like this

#237 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 10:00 AM

I would agree with you if they were bigger than the guinness book of world records holder for biggest natural ones. It’s something you and me don’t control. https://www.thesun.c...r-millions/amp/

#238 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 10:48 AM

I would agree with you if they were bigger than the guinness book of world records holder for biggest natural ones. It’s something you and me don’t control. https://www.thesun.c...r-millions/amp/

They bought their boobs on ebay so they were fully in control.... This is a recent photo of them shopping... It was obvious it was a troll from the start. Sorry for the confusion. I am talking about a single person. I use "they" out of fear for my life....

NKozak_KaylaLemieux_HR_28b.jpg

• Matt R. likes this

#239 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 12:34 PM

^Do you have a link for the eBay listing?

#240 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 02:00 PM

Just search "giant fake boobs" and you'll do fine.... 

• Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users