Photo

Hollywood news and related issues

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#241 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:08 PM

Easy for Al Franken he’s an old wealthy guy.

What’s a young guy to do?

Ironic that the PC left has instigated a lot of this yet they are the ones losing senate and house seats.

• Nostalgic Victoria likes this

#242 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Easy for Al Franken he’s an old wealthy guy.

What’s a young guy to do?

Not sexually harass women?   Just tossing that out there as something to maybe do.

You know, maybe don't show them your junk without consent.  Or grope them without consent.  Or kiss them without consent.  Or corner them in an office and suggest they give you a massage.  Or invite them to your hotel room for a business meeting with you and your aide, then get rid of the aid and ask them to perform oral sex on you. 

Maybe, just maybe, a young guy should treat them with respect and like a person?

I know it's a radical idea and counter to centuries of history, but it does seem like something we can aspire to.

Edited by Jason-L, 06 December 2017 - 03:27 PM.

• Nostalgic Victoria likes this

#243 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

^ no, that all sounds good, for sure.  Guys should be doing that.  But what do the guys do that crossed the line once, twice, or many more times, and they are still young?  Just re-train for careers less in the limelight?

Top executives in other industries I guess are getting away with stuff, as their acts are not very newsworthy.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 06 December 2017 - 03:40 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#244 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Not sexually harass women?   Just tossing that out there as something to maybe do.

You know, maybe don't show them your junk without consent.  Or grope them without consent.  Or kiss them without consent.  Or corner them in an office and suggest they give you a massage.  Or invite them to your hotel room for a business meeting with you and your aide, then get rid of the aid and ask them to perform oral sex on you. 

Maybe, just maybe, a young guy should treat them with respect and like a person?

I know it's a radical idea and counter to centuries of history, but it does seem like something we can aspire to.

It is easy to agree with you on the specific actions that you outline. What about this one though? 

http://nationalpost....ogy-and-move-on

#245 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

(CNN)  Dylan Farrow, the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, is asking why the director has not suffered the same fate as other powerful men in Hollywood accused of sexual misconduct.

http://www.cnn.com/2...llen/index.html

#246 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

Now it is Dustin Hoffman's turn.

http://www.telegraph...sexual-assault/

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#247 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

Now it is Dustin Hoffman's turn.

I knew Mrs. Robinson was up to no good.

#248 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

I am no fan of the federal liberals but this must be a new low for getting tossed out of your job. Hehr was forced to resign as Minister earlier today

"I was told to avoid being in [an] elevator with Kent Hehr. He would make comments. He would make you feel unsafe," said Ms. Raworth. "He is now a federal cabinet minister. In the government of a man who claims to believe in gender equality. So let's test that @JustinTrudeau. I'm not alone in my experience and I know so many women have experienced this. So get rid of him."

#249 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

Interesting; he used to work at  the law firm that is now known as Dentons--the same firm that worked for Jian Ghomeshi.

#250 P. North

P. North
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

I have met many Hollywood celebrities over the years.

Edited by P. North, 26 January 2018 - 02:44 PM.

#251 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

I met Rich Little in the men's room at the Conference Centre during a David Foster Dinner. Also Gorde Howe.

#252 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,344 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Who let the **rn star in through those pearly gates??

#253 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

I once saw Bill Nye the Science Guy in an airport.

• Matt R. likes this

#254 P. North

P. North
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

Who let the **rn star in through those pearly gates??

Clever, very clever....................................

• Matt R. likes this

#255 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,344 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

Clever, very clever....................................

I'm just assuming you're telling the truth about your name and attending Hefner's funeral...

• todd likes this

#256 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

The Grammy's took a major ratings hit this year. I guess people are losing interest in millionaire musicians virtue signalling about sexual abuse and politics ...while women in scantily clad dresses dance on stage, men who write about sexually abusing women present awards ...and all before a crowd of people who it turns out #knewallalong.

• VicHockeyFan, Matt R. and Nostalgic Victoria like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#257 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

The Grammy's took a major ratings hit this year. I guess people are losing interest in millionaire musicians virtue signalling about sexual abuse and politics ...while women in scantily clad dresses dance on stage, men who write about sexually abusing women present awards ...and all before a crowd of people who it turns out #knewallalong.

Well said.

The Grammys took a ratings hit because people want to hear great, fell-good music.  Instead they delivered a mess of WTF.  Gaga, Pink, U2 and even Bruno Mars did all the wrong songs.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#258 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

The Grammys are more out of touch in 2018 than they've ever been.

• Complete lack of women nominees and winners?
  • Lenoard Cohen for Best Rock Album? (I like Cohen ... but please ... "best rock album" - how out of touch can you get?)
  • 2018 was a year that Rap ruled airwaves and minds, solidly established in the white middle class ... and yet Bruno Mars wins most categories? ... Mars is OK, but his music is social pablum compared to Kendrick Lamar and the like.

Nobody takes the Grammys seriously, the abysmal audience numbers this year reflect that fact.

Edited by Cassidy, 30 January 2018 - 07:49 AM.

#259 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

Lenoard Cohen for Best Rock Album? (I like Cohen ... but please ... "best rock album" - how out of touch can you get?)

"Best Spoken Word" perhaps?

#260 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

To be fair, based on album sales, it was Ed Sheeran's year.  And Pink, Harry Styles, Sam Smith, Take That, Noel Gallagher, Michael Buble, Taylor Swift, George Micheal, Adele and Bruno Mars all outsold Kendrick Lamar.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 30 January 2018 - 08:01 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users