#362 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:27 AM

Who is timothy hutton??

he has 85 acting credits.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000459/

and an oscar (ordinary people 1980).  he was married once to debprah winger and dated angelina jolie and uma thurman.

i see the major us media are not covering this story whatsoever.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 March 2020 - 09:29 AM.

#363 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:04 AM

He was the lead actor in the series Leverage, which ran for five seasons from 2008-2012, which was a fairly decent series.

#364 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:09 AM

he has 85 acting credits.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000459/

and an oscar (ordinary people 1980).  he was married once to debprah winger and dated angelina jolie and uma thurman.

i see the major us media are not covering this story whatsoever.

PEOPLE has an article and Variety is covering it, so it's trickling out and I expect will get more coverage soon.

Tim Hutton starred in Leverage, a really good show.  Probably best known for Ordinary People, Taps, and The Falcon and the Snowman in the 80s, and The Dark Half in the 90s.  He's one of those actors you see and go "Oh, him!", I think.

#365 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:32 AM

PEOPLE has an article and Variety is covering it, so it's trickling out and I expect will get more coverage soon.

Tim Hutton starred in Leverage, a really good show.  Probably best known for Ordinary People, Taps, and The Falcon and the Snowman in the 80s, and The Dark Half in the 90s.  He's one of those actors you see and go "Oh, him!", I think.

I think in Leverage he really broke out of being somewhat bland in a lot of his roles

#366 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

fox news does have the story now.

Hutton, 59, denied the claims to Fox News in a statement provided by his rep on Tuesday.

He said the former Canadian actress and model has a history of attempting to extort him.

"For the past two-and-a-half years, I have been the target of multiple extortion attempts by a woman named Sera Dale Johnston to extract millions of dollars from me. She threatened that if I did not meet her demands, she would go to the press with a false allegation that I sexually assaulted her 37 years ago in Canada. I never assaulted Ms. Johnston," Hutton said.

His statement calls BuzzFeed's interview with Johnston, which was posted Monday, "false."

The actor's response continues: "What's really going on here is that Ms. Johnston's extortion attempts failed. She then decided to follow through on her threat to go to the press with her false story. When I became aware of this, I went to the FBI, signed a sworn statement, and filed a criminal complaint against Ms. Johnston for extortion. I will not stop fighting to expose this story for what it is -- a failed extortion attempt based on something that never happened."

Johnston told BuzzFeed she also filed a complaint of the same accusations with the Vancouver Police Department last year. Attorneys for Johnston did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment regarding Hutton's response Tuesday.

Hutton is now threatening to sue the publication and Johnston for defamation if a retraction is not made, according to a statement provided to Fox News by the actor's defamation counsel, Tom Clare.

"There was no encounter of any kind here, and certainly no sexual assault," Clare writes, adding that the publication who reported the allegations has "shamefully disregarded the facts and allowed itself to be used by Ms. Johnston."

Clare said Hutton filed a criminal complaint with the FBI "long before" Johnston made her own report to the police. The defamation attorney's statement adds that the publication "disregarded multiple sworn declarations from neutral third parties that absolutely show Ms. Johnston's allegations to be false" and ignored "hard evidence."

https://www.foxnews....feed-defamation

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 March 2020 - 03:23 PM.

#367 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:47 PM

Rose McGowan Calls Alyssa Milano A #MeToo Fraud For Supporting Joe Biden After Sexual Assault Allegation

https://www.dailywir...ault-allegation

#368 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,690 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:33 PM

Ms McGowan has always been a bit unhinged.

#369 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:12 AM

so has Milano. So it’s fun to watch.

#370 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,690 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:27 AM

So I guess a reunion of the original Charmed cast isn't in the cards?

#371 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:15 PM

Sons accuse fashion boss Nygard of paying 'known sex worker' to rape them as teens

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ashion-1.568892

Nygard has been accused of raping or sexually assaulting 57 women in a class-action lawsuit filed earlier this year in New York.

#372 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:43 PM

Time's Up charities spent $1.4M on salaries, $157K on conferences at luxury resorts from the $3.6M raised in 2018

https://meaww.com/ti...-resorts-me-too

The #MeToo movement rocked the world in 2017. It began with many celebrities calling out Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein for sexual harassment, and turned into a movement where people across the globe shared their horrors of molestation, and inappropriate behaviour. The organisation Times Up was set up to fight sexual harassment in the workplace. However, records show that the organization spent a bulk of its donations on executive salaries, and only a fraction on legal costs to help victims in its first year.

Tax filings show that the organization, which was founded by Hollywood celebrities and consists of Time's Up Foundation and Time's Up Now Inc., raised $3,670,219 in 2018 in its first year of operation. Less than 10% was spent on helping survivors of sexual harassment. Filings show $312,001 was spent on the legal defense fund while $1,407,032 was spent on salaries. More than $157,000 was spent on conferences at luxury resorts, and a further $58,395 was spent on travel. The organization had brought in the elite Hollywood stars during the early days of its operation with Reese Witherspoon, Amy Schumer and Brie Larson holding positions on its board.  

#373 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,690 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:46 PM

...Less than 10% was spent on helping survivors of sexual harassment...

This pretty much says it all.

#374 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:51 PM

The false left and false right are being torn down, to create the new false middle that will make everything much better (but actually much worse).

Anyone who chooses not to buy into it will not be popular.

• rmpeers likes this

#375 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:07 AM

https://www.cbc.ca/n...stody-1.5841839

Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard arrested, faces extradition to U.S. as sex assault investigation continues

The 79-year-old was arrested in Winnipeg on Monday under the Extradition Act, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

The charges relate to "a decades-long pattern of criminal conduct involving at least dozens of victims in the United States, the Bahamas, and Canada, among other locations," a release from the attorney's office states.

The FBI, who raided Nygard's offices in New York and Los Angeles in February this year, requested the arrest warrant.

Nygard is currently being held at the Winnipeg Remand Centre and is to appear in a Winnipeg courtroom this afternoon.

A total of 57 women have joined a class-action lawsuit accusing Nygard of rape, sexual assault and human trafficking — in some cases the allegations go back as far as 1977.

•  

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 December 2020 - 11:09 AM.

#376 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

MTV is running lots of marathons of Married With Children what kind of message does this send to today’s youth?: https://youtu.be/rgDtgyzVZYk
  • SimonH likes this

#377 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:40 PM

MTV is running lots of marathons of Married With Children what kind of message does this send to today’s youth?: https://youtu.be/rgDtgyzVZYk

Today's youth have figured out that they can create much more outrageous content and sell it via youtube or instagram channels.

• Nparker likes this

#378 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:43 PM

Today's youth have figured out that they can create much more outrageous content and sell it via youtube or instagram channels.

they can try. not many can make any money doing so. maybe one in 50,000 that tries.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 02 January 2021 - 03:44 PM.

#379 johnk2

johnk2
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

I don't know what can be considered 'outrageous' anymore other than pitchforking babies.

#380 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

Outrageous video: Simply any city hall broadcast.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users