Photo

Hollywood news and related issues

• Please log in to reply
703 replies to this topic

#461 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 11:58 PM

I've never really understood the appeal of these self-congratulatory award shows. I think their best days are well behind.
  • LJ and dasmo like this

#462 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:16 AM

It’s all ai cgi bots now anyways.

#463 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:37 PM

Lisa Marie Presley, a singer, Elvis's only daughter and a dedicated keeper of her father's legacy, died Thursday after being hospitalized for a medical emergency. She was 54.

Presley's death was confirmed by her mother, Priscilla.

"It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us," Priscilla Presley said in a statement. "She was the most passionate, strong and loving woman I have ever known." - https://www.cbc.ca/n...lized-1.6712369

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#464 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 10:05 AM

Was down in Hollywood trying find a new platform. Was on the Jimmy Kimmel show probably a couple dozen times, well actually leaning on it, it was the nearest nest smoking spot to my hotel, was either that or in front of the now closed COVID testing clinic. I think the biggest problem was they weren’t taping that week.

I tried to keep my eyes on the Chinese Theatre while in my room, rose to the window one morning to find the premiere of Star Trek Picard broke out across the street. (As I posted on this forum a couple months ago I have a problem where I can’t get through an entire episode of Star Trek.) After that the after party turned out to be in my hotel, all of a sudden it was guess only in the hotel and metal detectors, it turns out they just use elevators. I knew the hotel was haunted when I booked it… next morning rose to my window the whole Boulevard was closed off major police incident.

Went to downtown LA to see the Cecil hotel and whatnot. Big crime scene as soon as I stepped off the subway two bodies lay under yellow tarps, FBI, CSI, police in huge numbers around the area. Fortunately they were just filming a TV series… i’m fairly certain

Eventually went down to the beach. Was glad to get off of Hollywood Boulevard as desirable a time as it was it’s a little sketchy on Hollywood Blvd, but that being said then went down to Venice Beach and was randomly assaulted, (race motivated attack based on the yelling) think the beach was distracting me from how sketchy LA is. (nothing serious for LA standards)

No one sitting next to me both ways on the airplane, course had a KN95 mask, earplugs and bathing in sanitizer throughout the trip

Think you need more than a week to make it in Hollywood. not sure you want to make it though?

F650D241-850C-48C5-81EE-86F248EDA8B8.jpeg

Edited by todd, 25 February 2023 - 10:18 AM.

#465 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 10:35 AM

...No one sitting next to me both ways on the airplane, course had a KN95 mask, earplugs and bathing in sanitizer throughout the trip...

Why bother traveling if you had this much concern?

• dasmo likes this

#466 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 10:48 AM

Why bother traveling if you had this much concern?

I always wanted to wear a mask on an airplane but feared being ostracized pre-cov days, good mask helps filter out the exhaust fumes, body odour, whatever other gases are coming off of stuff, at the end of the day you feel better

I was not that scared though had RSV the month before and at the moment vaccinated for whatever they can stick in me

The reasons why I went to LA are complicated, I was originally supposed to go before covid

#467 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 10:54 AM

...at the end of the day you feel better...

I am glad you feel better, but wearing a mask makes me feel like ****

#468 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 11:06 AM

I am glad you feel better, but wearing a mask makes me feel like ****

yeah I don’t know some people get claustrophobic, depends on the activity, amount of time, type of mask

I was pretty used to the mask before COVID from construction projects and industrial firefighting training where part of the training is learning how to tolerate a SCBA

https://youtu.be/A1hocYOhIvM

Edited by todd, 25 February 2023 - 11:26 AM.

#469 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 12:19 PM

9DD562E3-A671-4EA0-93EB-2594C2366E7B.jpeg
  • dasmo and Love the rock like this

#470 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 02:53 PM

Right on, todd!

I hear the Hollywood sign has snow on it today.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#471 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 03:13 PM

Right on, todd!

I hear the Hollywood sign has snow on it today.

Was about 26°C when I was up there, didn’t have any sunscreen got a sunburn. I got lucky for February

Edited by todd, 25 February 2023 - 03:17 PM.

#472 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 04:56 PM

The main impression on me from LA was the traffic, as in driving in it. Did it, but mostly with gritted teeth. Could and can not fathom how people can do that day after the day. Not my thing for sure. I do love the Huntington Beach area for sure but beyond that not much of a fan really. Did you happen to visit Universal Studios? That was one activity, even from a "tourist-y" standpoint, that I did very much enjoy.

#473 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 05:27 PM

The main impression on me from LA was the traffic, as in driving in it. Did it, but mostly with gritted teeth. Could and can not fathom how people can do that day after the day. Not my thing for sure. I do love the Huntington Beach area for sure but beyond that not much of a fan really. Did you happen to visit Universal Studios? That was one activity, even from a "tourist-y" standpoint, that I did very much enjoy.

Yeah quick subway ride from Hollywood Boulevard through the hills to US

60B78B65-3B2B-4C9A-842C-59D451551EA8.jpeg
^That’s Mr. Bean’s Mini from the tram tour

The main impression on me from LA was the traffic, as in driving in it. Did it, but mostly with gritted teeth. Could and can not fathom how people can do that day after the day. Not my thing for sure. .

that’s why I just took Uber, the subway and rent by app electric scooters.

Subway has expanded over the years but still a car city

“Evolution of the Los Angeles Metro 1900-2028”: https://youtu.be/nH9toJw6-k8
  • AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#474 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 05:40 PM

We took one of our Italian exchange students down last year. Disney, universal, Santa Monica, Venice, the whole bit. We warned him in advance that downtown LA itself was a bit of a hole. After an hour or so he says “yeah, this place is a **** hole”.

Disney, universal and more of course were quite fabulous.

#475 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 06:40 PM

F586754F-D91F-4293-978A-40AE7F219F1E.jpeg
new star going in, $55,000 payable at time of nomination

I noticed one of the favourite games of locals is to spit on the stars of people that you don’t like

Edited by todd, 25 February 2023 - 06:59 PM.

#476 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 07:17 PM

I avoid California like the plague.

• Nparker likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#477 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 07:29 PM

I noticed one of the favourite games of locals is to spit on the stars of people that you don’t like

The ol’ shine-that-star-up trick.

Know it all.

#478 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 07:39 PM

“yeah, this place is a **** hole”.

Better than what I encountered in last time in San Francisco. once stepped on a hypodermic needle and **** on the same day in SF

#479 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 09:34 PM

In LA, a must see both the Getty Museum and  especially the Getty Villa in Malibu.

• Matt R. likes this

#480 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,226 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 10:18 PM

Woody Harrelson‘a SNL monologue has a perfect ending!

https://twitter.com/...ZJNP78yAxB2jTKg

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users