• 913 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

News on Charlie Sheen about to break ??

#122 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

A former TV news anchor said Wednesday that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her teenage son last year at a Nantucket restaurant, adding to mounting allegations of misconduct against the "House of Cards" actor.

Heather Unruh said her son, who was 18 at the time, was "star struck" during a chance encounter with Spacey at Club Car Restaurant's crowded bar in July 2016. Unruh said Spacey bought her son "drink after drink" and then stuck his hand down the drunk teen's pants and grabbed his genitals.

Unruh said her son panicked and froze while Spacey insisted he come with him to a private after-hours party to drink with him more.

Unruh said the teen filed a report with police last week, and she said a criminal investigation has begun. She said her son has turned over evidence to authorities, but her attorney said they could not elaborate on what he provided.

Nantucket Police Chief Bill Pittman said Massachusetts law doesn't allow them to confirm or deny a report of sexual assault.

Cape & Islands Assistant District Attorney Tara Miltimore said a person has provided information to police about an "indecent assault and battery" and that authorities are waiting to hear from the person's attorney.

http://www.ctvnews.c...r-son-1.3668947

All right, all right, enough already.  He's drinking with him at a bar and he sticks his hand down his pants.  Big freakin' deal.

This is stupid.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 08 November 2017 - 04:56 PM.

• LJ likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#123 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

while i am not saying the incident didn't happen..  i do have to wonder why did it go unreported until last week? why wait until another incident comes out in the media that is ruining a man's career to suddenly remember that something happened to him too and then file a police report..

#124 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

^You realize people that spoke out on abuse by powerful Hollywood types suffered terrible retribution, right? Like being manipulated by former Israeli Mossad agents and being called a fake on the front page of the New York Post? Seriously, think about that. Richard Dreyfuss's teenaged son was groped by Spacey and he joked about it for years to his friends as a way to deal with the embarrassment until Rapp's allegation, which at that point he felt obligated to go public.

Spacey's appearance in the completed Getty movie is being scrapped and new scenes will be shot and edited with Christopher Plummer in time for Christmas.

Edited by Rob Randall, 08 November 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#125 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

This latest allegation was by an 18 year old man drinking illegally somewhere.

And Spacey allegedly sticks his hands down his pants.

I say again, big deal. Who gives a crap.

Touch up a little for the yunguns by Sparky.

Edited by Sparky, 08 November 2017 - 10:27 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#126 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

^You realize people that spoke out on abuse by powerful Hollywood types suffered terrible retribution, right? Like being manipulated by former Israeli Mossad agents and being called a fake on the front page of the New York Post? Seriously, think about that. Richard Dreyfuss's teenaged son was groped by Spacey and he joked about it for years to his friends as a way to deal with the embarrassment until Rapp's allegation, which at that point he felt obligated to go publiic.

Whut? Suddenly you’re talking about retribution?

The Clinton’s tried to silence women who came forward over Bill Clinton’s sexual advances and abuse ...and few people cared about those details during and post the election. In fact millions of people said the complaints were much ado about nothing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#127 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

There are some truly disturbing and sad attitudes being displayed in this thread. Men who think assault is no big deal because they've never had it done to them or have never witnessed it and men who think it's no big deal because they have likely taken part in it. Very sad.
  • VicHockeyFan and nagel like this

#128 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

There are some truly disturbing and sad attitudes being displayed in this thread. Men who think assault is no big deal because they've never had it done to them

I've had it done to me.  And yes, every time I think it was no big deal.  I refuse to let it haunt or disturb me.  No time for it, lots of life to live.  Moving on.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 09 November 2017 - 07:53 AM.

#129 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

It's brave of you to admit that and admirable that you were able to work past it. I truly hope that that's the case.

It's also pretty common for assault victims to diminish the experiences of other victims as a coping mechanism.

#130 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

In 99% of the cases, nobody got killed, and nobody saw the event, nobody was physically injured.  In 99% of the cases it was a time-span of 0.0005% of their life.  Why dwell on it, why not move on and let it go?  Why let it define you for months or years afterwards?  Why be so narcissistic?  It's not all about you.

In most adult relationships, your partner is moving about below your waist hundreds if not thousands of times, with consent.  Why get worked up about the 1 or 5 times it happened without your full consent?  It's insane.

God forbid if I'm dragging my mother out to cry on TV about the one time a guy, when I was 18, put his hands down my pants when we were both drunk.  What a crying shame for that asshole.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 09 November 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#131 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

And this is another page that would be a silver arrow in your theoretical campaign to run as mayor.

• VicHockeyFan and weirdie like this

#132 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

Thread took a weird kind of "WTF" turn there a few posts ago.

So I'm clear ... the premise is that it's "OK" for somebody to stick their hand down your pants WITHOUT your permission because your husband, wife, or lover might have done it WITH your permission?

If that's indeed the premise you're promoting ... definitely a "WTF".

• Rob Randall likes this

#133 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

I did not say it was alright. But I did say that an awful lot of people get past it.  Especially when it's to a lesser degree, like the 18-year-old guy and Spacey.

Look, I have an ex girlfriend that was raped. The man responsible went to jail for the crime. But she did not let it define her. She was way stronger than that.  And by not wallowing in self-pity and depression, I think she lived a better and happier life for it (she has since died, was killed by a drunk driver). 

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 09 November 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#134 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

I think there's a HUGE difference between a person who's been abused letting that abuse define them for the rest of their life, and a victim of abuse simply working towards getting their abuser brought to justice.

Indeed, a massive difference.

I don't think it's safe to assume that anybody reporting past abuse is wallowing in self-pity and letting it define their lives ... indeed many of these folks are probably living their lives to the fullest, enjoying each and every day ... but fully intending to see their abuser brought to justice for crimes committed.

Commit the crime ... do the time.

Society as we know it is built on that concept.

• Rob Randall, weirdie and jonny like this

#135 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Seems Louis CK is the newest outed alleged pervert.  

• jonny likes this

#136 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

^And Alabama judge and Senate candidate Roy Moore. Of course the amphibians at Breitbart immediate put out a story that, yes, the 14 year old was kinda bad but the 16 and 18 year olds were fair game.

#137 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

^And Alabama judge and Senate candidate Roy Moore. Of course the amphibians at Breitbart immediate put out a story that, yes, the 14 year old was kinda bad but the 16 and 18 year olds were fair game.

ok but when you put Alabama and Republican together nobody is shocked when there's some inappropriate behaviour going on.  A modern comedian is sort of a big deal, although really it sounds like he just did exactly what he said in his comedy bits.  My wife is pretty devastated, she loved watching his specials.

#138 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Seems Louis CK is the newest outed alleged pervert.  

https://www.nytimes....&pgtype=article

He made an excuses:

https://www.youtube....bed/Kkt-mttjL8k

#139 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ELaB1_qN5s&t=13s

https://www.youtube....bed/_ELaB1_qN5s

Edited by todd, 09 November 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#140 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

^And Alabama judge and Senate candidate Roy Moore.

He’s clean as a hound’s tooth,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler claimed, before relying on Scripture to defend Moore.

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

OK, then! ::::::::::::The More You Know!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users