#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

A John Vickers event.

kite4.jpg
kite5.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

On Saturday it will be at total free fly ... we are asking participants to be courteous and of course safety conscious. 

Sunday the fields will be roped off , field management will be in effect and all activities and demos will be scheduled . A variety of fun things for kids to do are planned .

Penny Lingenfelter will be involving local children in her kite oriented skits through out the day. Dale Ray will be on hand with his fabulous show kites .

Amy and Connor Doran are going to display their passion and skill with quad line flying. Bazzer Poulter, kite builder and designer will have his creations colouring the sky . Our local kite flyers single, dual, and quad line will fill out the show . 

Parking permits for kite flyers will be reqiured on the Sunday as Clover Point will be blocked off to traffic . Handicapped parking is available close to the demo field .

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Sunday the fields will be roped off , field management will be in effect

Every single field throughout the CRD will be roped off?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Every single field throughout the CRD will be roped off?

Pretty sure this part covered where the fields will be roped off:

"Parking permits for kite flyers will be reqiured on the Sunday as Clover Point will be blocked off to traffic . Handicapped parking is available close to the demo field ."

#5 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I wonder if this one will be coming?

http://kitelife.com/...s-largest-kite/

i64-guinness_002.jpg

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,718 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Pretty sure this part covered where the fields will be roped off:

"Parking permits for kite flyers will be reqiured on the Sunday as Clover Point will be blocked off to traffic . Handicapped parking is available close to the demo field ."

I know, but they could do a far better job of mentioning the location than in the last sentence of the last paragraph, couldn't they?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

^  Ya, but that was not an official release, it was details from someone's Facebook post.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Festival is cancelled this year, but informally lots of the local kiters will be there all long weekend this year, Sat/Sun/Mon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users