Nanaimo looking to lure 15-20 Victoria businesses north

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Sasha Angus, CEO of the Nanaimo Economic Development Corporation When he took over the helm of the NEDC in August 2012, Angus was well-known in Victoria, where he worked before, but was still an unknown face in Nanaimo. No longer. Angus has been working behind the scenes attracting a number of new projects to the Harbour City, including a new foot passenger ferry and downtown hotel development. He recently revealed that his next project is a targeted advertising campaign aimed at drawing Victoria businesses into the Nanaimo market. He and his team have a list of 15 to 20 companies on their radar

. - See more at: http://www.nanaimoda...h.Vifn4RZj.dpuf

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Expand to Nanaimo or move to Nanaimo? The article is woefully unclear in that regard.

We've heard in the past of Nanaimo industry types trying to convince certain companies to relocate their base of operations, and for what it's worth Nanaimo has wholesale and industrial firms headquartered there that serve the south island daily. And why not, if it's significantly cheaper to operate out of there then it makes sense.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

A new print advertising campaign targeted at drawing business into Nanaimo from the Greater Victoria area is set to begin in the coming weeks.

The advertisements — which were commissioned by the Nanaimo Economic Development Corporation — will feature a series of five corporate leaders and companies from within the Nanaimo region, starting with Charles Hamer, CEO of Resonance Software. Robotics firm Inuktun Services Ltd. will also be featured in the campaign.

The print advertisements will include statistics about the Nanaimo and information to highlight the region's advantages for business, such as access to Vancouver Island University and workforce housing costs that compare favourably to Victoria, said Sasha Angus, CEO of the NEDC.

The advertisements will run in the Times Colonist periodically over the next 2 1/2 months and will cost the NEDC about $7,500.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.h3GKEqIq.dpuf

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

Dropping $7,500 on a few print ads in the TC is supposed to send a message that you're a forward thinking region that's better suited for business? Are they serious that that's how they want to market to "tech" companies?

I mean that's like advertising bicycles at an autoshow, for God's sakes.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users