Local road and highway development, conditions

• Please log in to reply
2768 replies to this topic

#2761 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 38,243 posts

Posted Today, 02:13 PM

What do you think about this as a solution to the traffic woes between the core and the West Shore?

Effectively this would divert West Shore-bound traffic via Esquimalt Road, then onto Admirals Road which would connect with the bridge. On the West Shore side the bridge would connect with Old Island Highway/Wale Road/Ocean Boulevard.

Esquimalt-Harbour-Bridge.jpg

• Dr. Barillas likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2762 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,384 posts

Posted Today, 02:21 PM

^ I think you been smoking way to much pot! 🤗
  • Nparker and Coreyburger like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#2763 nagel

nagel
  • 4,831 posts

Posted Today, 02:23 PM

No thank you.  $$$ to transit, please, not bridges that induce demand.

• Coreyburger and blaclark like this

#2764 Coreyburger

Coreyburger

OpenStreetMap + Ubuntu!

• 2,266 posts

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

What do you think about this as a solution to the traffic woes between the core and the West Shore?

Effectively this would divert West Shore-bound traffic via Esquimalt Road, then onto Admirals Road which would connect with the bridge. On the West Shore side the bridge would connect with Old Island Highway/Wale Road/Ocean Boulevard.

Esquimalt-Harbour-Bridge.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one. Never going to happen

#2765 RFS

RFS
  • 1,266 posts

Posted Today, 02:34 PM

Speaking as someone who currently commutes admirals/old island highway daily, I would love this and have thought about it myself on occasion when stuck in traffic
  • rjag likes this

#2766 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 232 posts

Posted Today, 02:47 PM

Pretty cool idea, I don't think the opportunity cost is worth it though.

Costs aside, if there was a proper interchange where it connects to the Old Island Hwy and Admirals was 4-laned from the bridge to the TCH connection; we'd have some serious capacity for growth in the Westshore for a few decades.

Edited by Mattjvd, Today, 02:47 PM.

• rjag likes this

#2767 blaclark

blaclark
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 02:49 PM

Adding more car-centric infrastructure is an old idea that unfortunately is still being applied.

Comfortable and efficient transit solutions aren't rocket science - they just require transit planners and municipalities to work together and use a bit of foresight. Curious what a regional transit authority could accomplish that BC Transit hasn't been able to.

#2768 exc911ence

exc911ence
  • 128 posts

Posted Today, 02:55 PM

Yes please. Anything to relieve the bottleneck of only having one major thoroughfare between the growing Westshore and the rest of Greater Victoria would be most welcome.

• rjag likes this

#2769 rjag

rjag
  • 2,943 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted Today, 03:23 PM

Any other jurisdiction but here it would be seriously considered....just imagine if that bridge was a corridor for LRT....but we arent very good at building bridges (theres a double entendre there)

• AllseeingEye likes this

64 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 62 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)