• Please log in to reply
3745 replies to this topic

#2941 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

Didn't the proponents of lowering speed limits routinely claim that lower speeds would result in less idling, smoother traffic flow, fewer gear changes, etc...?  Sounds like additional congestion despite fewer vehicles is the exact opposite of their claims.

• rjag likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2942 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

I'll be on CFAX at noon today to discuss the data.

The sad thing is I suspect the Fisgard Street parkade will be full so I have to leave now (11:31) to ensure I can find a parking space and make it in time for the 12:15 start time. And I'm 2.2km away from the station.

I'll make a post the second I arrive at the door.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2943 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

Holy smokes! I’ve arrived at the Fisgard parkade. I even landed a spot on the first floor as someone else pulled out.

Monday’s are flex days for many government workers, though ;)
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2944 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

Good show, Mike!

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2945 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

missed it, post a link to it?

#2946 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

missed it, post a link to it?

http://www.iheartrad...oplay=1.3886590

• rjag likes this

#2947 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Good show, Mike!

Woo! Went by super fast. VicFoodGuys were on immediately after my segment.
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.

#2948 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

They do every monday :). Great guys

#2949 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

Some baby ducks decided to cross at McKenzie of all places.

Capture.JPG

#2950 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

Clearly a duck overpass needs to be worked into the design. One might even call it a fly over.

• Mike K., Nparker and sebberry like this

#2951 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

I was stuck in that traffic this morning. Turned on to the highway onramp at Millstream overpass and came to a halt. Took over an hour to get to Uptown via 6 mile, Burnside, Interurban then Harriet. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2952 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

Bizarre, hey? The traffic in the city was pretty gnarly today. Maybe the rain pushed more folks than normal to drive? I dunno.

Know it all.

#2953 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

I wasn't kidding about the ducks.

#2954 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,032 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Clearly a duck overpass needs to be worked into the design. One might even call it a fly over.

Just add it to the bill.

Matt.
  • sebberry and Jackerbie like this

#2955 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Bizarre, hey? The traffic in the city was pretty gnarly today. Maybe the rain pushed more folks than normal to drive? I dunno.

I took the bus, then rode a green bike home to Saanich. I don’t think they’re meant to be ridden that far. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home.
  • Matt R. likes this

#2956 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

I took the bus, then rode a green bike home to Saanich. I don’t think they’re meant to be ridden that far. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home.

I went out for a loop around Victoria (Seaside route) up to Sayward and back around Elk Lake yesterday evening.  I saw a handful of U-Bikes (individually, not a cluster)  a long, long way from the CoV, and they didn't look trashed/dumped.  I am surprised that someone would ride those clunkers so far.

#2957 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

My green bike trip is another example of when these things are ridiculously handy.  I wussed out of biking in the morning due to rain, and barely scraped together change for the bus.  As per usual, the bus trip sucked.  Late, stanky etc.  So in the afternoon, with 7.5km to home and I have to get home in 40 minutes so walking is out of the equation, I'm left with going to the bank and being treated like someone going through customs just to withdraw $2.50, then wait for the late, stanky bus, or I can load an app on my phone and bike home for $1.  Easy choice.  Got to do it all sans-helmet too as a bonus.

#2958 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

Got to do it all sans-helmet too as a bonus.

How does that work?  Do you no longer have to wear a helmet to ride a bike?  Or because there was no helmet attached to the bike you just rolled with it?

#2959 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

How does that work? Do you no longer have to wear a helmet to ride a bike? Or because there was no helmet attached to the bike you just rolled with it?

There was no helmet. If there was one I wouldn’t wear it either cause sharing helmets is gross.

I broke the law.
  • lanforod likes this

#2960 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:04 PM

Extenuating circumstances.  Presumably you still followed laws that directly affected others. ;)

I was in France recently and helmets for adults are not required.  Saw plenty of riders on town bikes without and it just looked odd.  Roadies were still helmeted for the most part, but I did see a few with their helmets on the handlebars for long climbs on warm days.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trexer