Escher on Broughton
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 836-838 Broughton Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 10
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The 10-storey Escher on Broughton condo is comprised of 84-units of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse con... (view full profile)
Learn more about Escher on Broughton on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Escher on Broughton | 10-storeys; 29.9m | Condos | Built - completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#121 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

Well Harris Green is really now just a name of a part of downtown and are represented by the DRA.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#122 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

I hear construction should start in early November

• jonny likes this

#123 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

I hear construction should start in early November

Sales must have started off decent enough?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#124 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

Looks like someone interesting in buying at the Escher (only project 2.5 years out I can think of) emailed Garth Turner for some wisdom.....

http://www.greaterfo...d-go-wrong-2-2/

#125 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

As soon as I go to Mr. Turner's blanket assessment of new condos ("hastily and cheaply-built") I stopped reading.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#126 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Looks like someone interesting in buying at the Escher (only project 2.5 years out I can think of) emailed Garth Turner for some wisdom.....

http://www.greaterfo...d-go-wrong-2-2/

You could be correct, nice thinking. 

Regarding the the article, Ive definitely read one based on more facts and less opinion. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#127 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

The builder rate is 4.99%? I smell a rat, because that's over list price for a mortgage these days.

#128 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

The builder rate is 4.99%? I smell a rat, because that's over list price for a mortgage these days.

It's not a builder rate.  Developers on big pre-sale projects partner with big banks to provide potential pre-sale purchasers with a two plus year rate hold.  A two year rate hold is going to carry a massive premium.

#129 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Sheesh. My issue with reading that was that this couple makes $130000 annually (65k each). There is no reason stated they can't have already saved up a good down payment. They pay just 1700/mo for rent and car payments. I don't get it.

#130 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

The show suite/sales centre is very, very impressive. I encourage you all to take a look. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#131 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

>>>I hear construction should start in early November<<<

As we approach February I wonder if early November ... 2015 is what was meant ...

#132 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

I think they will be moving on this before November 2015.

#133 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yes, I did say I heard November, but obviously that didn't happen.  Latest rumors is March for what its worth

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#134 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

How about this couple concerned with their financial health, writing to Globe and Mail:

http://www.vancitybu...ining-expenses/

While the family earns about $25,000 a month, they spend more than that. The Globe lists their biggest monthly expenses as $3,800 for mortgage, $5,450 for private school tuition, $2,800 for child care, $2,000 for travel or vacation and $3,000 into their RRSP. In total, they spend $25,660 per month.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#135 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

How about this couple concerned with their financial health, writing to Globe and Mail:

http://www.vancitybu...ining-expenses/

I saw this. Amazing. Small lifestyle change would fix their problem. Sheesh.

ps. Why is this in this thread VHF???

#136 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

I saw this. Amazing. Small lifestyle change would fix their problem. Sheesh.

ps. Why is this in this thread VHF???

They make $25K a month and are not smart enough to figure it out without writing to a newspaper?  It's in this thread as an Escher purchaser wrote to a newspaper too.

So to get it back on track, will Escher allow to-the-door, inside delivery of the Globe and Mail?  Or will they have to pick up outside the lobby?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#137 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

Escher is before council tomorrow for a rezoning to allow balconies to extend over the site setback. There will also be a wording change regarding amenities. There won't be a public hearing for these changes.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#138 Urbanistco

Urbanistco
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

Escher is before council tomorrow for a rezoning to allow balconies to extend over the site setback. There will also be a wording change regarding amenities. There won't be a public hearing for these changes.

This sounds like a Development Variance Permit for setbacks. All rezonings, even text amendments carry a public hearing.

Not sure on the amenity part, could just be an adjustment to their development agreement.

#139 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

A letter from the city says it's a rezoning but complies with something or other and will therefore not require a public hearing. Probably for the best.

Know it all.

#140 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

Fencing up and there is a portable office there too.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users