Internet Archive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

I was showing downtown condos to a client the other day and he introduced me to a really cool website -> https://archive.org/index.php

On the website, for example, you can search for websites that have been completely deleted like corazonvictoria.com. The interesting thing about being able to bring back the developer's old website which was deleted at least 7 years ago is you have access to all the floor plans, features of the building, etc. My client used the website to bring up one of the floor plans to a unit we were looking at in the building.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Another way of finding floor plans is to search for unit numbers on different floors of the building. Say you are interested in unit 304 in a building, you can do a web search for unit 104, 204, and 404, ie. "104 - 2570 Quadra St." Sometimes Google will even have entries marked "PDF" which are most often floor plans.

Also, the realtor.ca website may not have a floor plan but if you go to the listing realtor's website there may be one.

#3 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Another way of finding floor plans is to search for unit numbers on different floors of the building. Say you are interested in unit 304 in a building, you can do a web search for unit 104, 204, and 404, ie. "104 - 2570 Quadra St." Sometimes Google will even have entries marked "PDF" which are most often floor plans.

Also, the realtor.ca website may not have a floor plan but if you go to the listing realtor's website there may be one.

Hi Dylan, yes, if the property is currently on the market and the listing REALTOR® has a floor plan available.  However, if that is not the case looking up the developer's website from years ago may do the trick.   

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#4 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Yes! I'm a research librarian and use this website at least once a week. People really need to remember that deleting something off the internet rarely means it's actually gone.

However, it only works on certain websites. The bane of my existence is the entire Government of Canada collection of websites because they change their URLs about once every six month to comply with some increasingly nonsensical naming policy and it can be extremely difficult to locate older content, but many of the websites have a line of code that does not permit crawling, so the internet archive can't capture it.

#5 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Good idea for most floors EXCEPT the first. I know in my building the first floor is completely different from 2 - 4 because of common area rooms on the first floor, as well as the lobby. My suite is 109 and the unit above me is NOT 209, though it does have the same layout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users