94 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,616 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Good stuff. What's the next step?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 Nanaimoite

Nanaimoite
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

The next step is final approval, but this proposal has another hoop it has to go through.
The developer is asking the city for a lease on a portion of Georgia view park, which a buts up to the hotel property.
This will require a referendum, or alternate approval process

#83 Nanaimoite

Nanaimoite
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

My guess is the city will choose the alternate approval process
  • Mike K. likes this

#84 Urbanistco

Urbanistco
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

The next step is final approval, but this proposal has another hoop it has to go through.
The developer is asking the city for a lease on a portion of Georgia view park, which a buts up to the hotel property.
This will require a referendum, or alternate approval process

1. The proposal still has to go to the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure for approval.

2. Phased Development Agreement signing

3. Any changes to the process, like this lease request can constitute the introduction of new information post public hearing which means that the application may have to go back to public hearing.

4. 4th reading and adoption of the bylaws

5. Development Permits

6. Building Permits

#85 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

Founds some renderings here - https://www.behance..../Nanaimo-Hilton

• Nanaimoite likes this

#86 Nparker

Nparker
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

I don't suppose we'll ever see anything like this in height-phobic Victoria

hilton.jpg

#87 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Build it and they will come

#88 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.  The last tower proposed for that site is still a hole in the ground

#89 jonny

jonny
  • 9,186 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.  The last tower proposed for that site is still a hole in the ground

I'm of the same mindset, but that tower would look fantastic right on the inner harbour. Knock over that derelict motel next to the Clipper terminal and put this thing up. :thumbsup:

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

#90 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

I dunno, it's not that exciting. I would more like to see this type of height in the rock bay zone...but with a more intersting design. Perhaps if Ndot builds this it will be a motivator here. Again, I thing some proactive zoning is needed in Vic. They hold on the the old zoning as a bargaining tool...

#91 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

Chinese firm expected to miss Nanaimo hotel deadline

http://www.timescolo...dline-1.1766334

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#92 Nanaimoite

Nanaimoite
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Wrong project, the hotel project in question is the convention centre hotel, not this Hilton hotel project

#93 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

These Chinese projects all look alike to me.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#94 Nanaimoite

Nanaimoite
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Insight has announced its dropping its proposal to lease part of Georgia view park for this project ( contentious issue).
Apparently some activity has been observed on the site, I will investigate tomorrow
  • Mike K. likes this

#95 2F2R

2F2R
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

>>>I don't suppose we'll ever see anything like this in height-phobic Victoria<<<

We could have had better than that ... mayor Peter Pollin (spl) saved us ... ...

The Reid Center ... still deciding what to do with our water front parking lot ... 40 - 50 years later!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users