• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

http://www.pwc.com/c...ia-office.jhtml

PricewaterhouseCoopers is adding to their existing Vancouver and Surrey offices. They will be located in the Temple building at 525 Fort St.

Unsure of estimated staff and what services will be housed in Victoria (assurance/advisory/tax) but this means Victoria now houses three of the big four accounting firms. KPMG is a full service Victoria firm that has been here for some time while Deloitte only has a small consulting arm (both offices in St. Andrew's Square). The other 'big 4' firm, Ernst & Young, has no Victoria offices or affiliations as far as I am aware.

Of the two mid-sized international firms, Grant Thornton is well established in Victoria while BDO does not have an office locally.

There are also many smaller sized and local firms here that do great work.

#2 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Interesting. KPMG has enjoyed somewhat of a monopoly in Victoria for big (mostly government) clients.

#3 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

I wonder if their work with the League Assetts' file would give them reason to set up shop here?

#4 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Interesting. KPMG has enjoyed somewhat of a monopoly in Victoria for big (mostly government) clients.

Somewhat true. KPMG has many clients who are crown corporations and government related entities (UVic, School Districts, etc) that aren't audited by the Auditor General of BC, who also audits all of the Ministries and the province's summary financials. Many of the aforementioned crown corps and other entities exist in Vancouver as well where there is greater competition amongst the other firms.

KPMG definitely has a leg up in Victoria for larger and especially publicly traded companies, unless they were large enough to justify other firms flying in.

As for Sparky's comment, this may have a part in it but they have slowly been gaining interest in Victoria over the last few years. I know they have a number of clients here of various sizes and having a footprint here was only a matter of time.

Another interesting fact - KPMG used to perform the financial audits of many of League's entities.

#5 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

I wonder if their work with the League Assetts' file would give them reason to set up shop here?

KPMG was League's primary auditor while PWC has acted as the receiver.

#6 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

PWC has been in Victoria before - I interviewed for a local job with them sometime around 2000, maybe 1999, some where in downtown Victoria.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users