* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#4241 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

It might be annoying to hear someone else's point of view that doesn't match your own, but to be fair, it's also annoying for others to hear the incessant marijuana fanboy statements in this thread as well.  

Most folks leave the marijuana comments to this thread. Something I have no issue with it and am happy to read. I enjoy seeing both opinions.

Nparker takes his anti-marijuana/dispensary crusade to any topic on this forum where he can work it in. The irony that he uses that big ol' off-topic stamp is incredible. That's what I find annoying.

Just wanted to clarify.

• weirdie and Matt R. like this

#4242 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

Easy enough to block, like that guy who uses too many italics, caps and underlines.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#4243 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

...Nparker takes his anti-marijuana/dispensary crusade to any topic on this forum where he can work it in...

Not unlike the cycling advocates who post in multiple threads.

FYI my "crusade" is against illegal businesses. Just show me another "business" that so flagrantly flaunts the law.

#4244 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Not unlike the cycling advocates who post in multiple threads.

FYI my "crusade" is against illegal businesses. Just show me another "business" that so flagrantly flaunts the law.

I agree that unlicensed dispensaries should be shut down. I've been vocal about that here before and largely I think we have a similar viewpoint on marijuana and dispensaries. But let's talk about that in this thread, not in literally every single thread you comment in. The "maybe they should just sell marijuana, then the City will allow it/leave them alone/whatever" type posts everywhere else when there is no reason other than your crusade to bring dispensaries into the conversation are not necessary. Especially from someone who so vigorously fights off-topic conversation. The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

Anyways, to the original point, five cases this vet has seen in 2017. Again, undoubtedly he saw more food-related issues, but that's not a headline grabbing story.

Edited by shoeflack, 03 January 2018 - 01:57 PM.

• weirdie likes this

#4245 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

....But let's talk about that in this thread, not in literally every single thread you comment in...

Untrue. I comment in many threads and never bring up the illegal dispensaries, so it's not LITERALLY every single thread. Since the illegal businesses have been given tacit support by the CoV government then it is fair game to comment on them in threads related to the mayor, council and civic elections. 

#4246 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Untrue. I comment in many threads and never bring up the illegal dispensaries, so it's not LITERALLY every single thread. Since the illegal businesses have been given tacit support by the CoV government then it is fair game to comment on them in threads related to the mayor, council and civic elections. 

Sorry, I forgot to add my VHF Stat asterisk.

• Matt R. likes this

#4247 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

It seems quite unlikely dogs are ingesting pot on their own (unlike the food substances you name above), careless (and likely stoned) pet owners are deliberately poisoning their animals.

Possible pot roach sends North Vancouver pup to the vet (http://www.nsnews.co...e-vet-1.2412323)

Stoned dog's owner: mind your roached (http://cfjctoday.com.../weed-roach-dog)

Pooch ate your pot stash? Hazards of marijuana poisoning in dogs (http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-dogs-1.3616665)

Yes, there are some people who give marijuana to their dogs. But the issue is with the person, not the substance. If someone poisoned their dog with low calorie peanut butter would you go on the same crusade, or would you tell the owner that Xylitol is toxic to dogs and maybe the low cal PB is a bad idea to use as a treat?

#4248 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

When you say illegal business do you include bylaws in that definition? 

#4249 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

Confused... because even when Truduea was here he slapped Lisa's wrist about nit doing anytging about the pot shops because it was not legal yet (to be sold that way).
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#4250 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

Yes, there are some people who give marijuana to their dogs. But the issue is with the person, not the substance. 

I know several people that give various pot products to their dogs, usually for arthritis type issues.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#4251 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

When you say illegal business do you include bylaws in that definition? 

Yes, bylaws are irrelevant if they circumvent the law. CoV could pass a bylaw making car ownership illegal, and then direct her police force to "round em up", but eventually it would be irrelevant.  

• Nparker likes this

#4252 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

...Nparker takes his anti-marijuana/dispensary crusade to any topic on this forum where he can work it in. The irony that he uses that big ol' off-topic stamp is incredible. That's what I find annoying.

Just wanted to clarify.

I love the stamp. I think he's softened up on marijuana?

#4253 Langford Rat

Langford Rat
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

I thought I was missing a few grams the other day. I never even suspected my dogs of dipping into my stash! Now I’m going to start locking the liquor cabinet, too (the Scotch did seem a little watered down). Dogs getting sick from pot is not a result of all the pot shops springing up. I seriously doubt it is a result of a marked increase in idiots feeding their dogs pot for kicks or that it has become so common-place that dogs are just scarfing down baggies of pot that they find laying all over. I’ll wager that it is a result of the increased popularity of “edibles”. The dogs aren’t eating pot. They’re eating brownies, and cookies and butter and banana bread and tons of other tasty treats that folks are cooking up with marijuana. It can happen to kids just as easily. Cannabis is not evil but it can be dangerous in the wrong hands (or paws) just like medicine or alcohol. Store it accordingly.

• Jackerbie likes this

#4254 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

A reliable informant tells me that the Stanhope Farm purchase might have fallen through.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4255 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

B.C.’s biggest pot plant planned for Oliver

Co-founder Tony Holler said the 700,000 sq. ft. facility would produce 100,000 kg of pot per year

A South Okanagan winery owner is undergoing a final review with Health Canada, with hopes of setting up what would be the largest medical cannabis facility in B.C.

Tony Holler, owner of Poplar Grove Winery, said his company, Sunniva, is currently building a 500,000 square foot facility near Palm Springs, California. But if all goes well with Health Canada, his proposed Sunniva facility near Oliver would be a whopping 700,000 square feet and produce about 100,000 kilograms of medical-grade cannabis per year.

That facility, he hopes, will be located on Osoyoos Indian Band land, in the industrial park near the Okanagan Correctional Centre.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4256 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

I've FOIed the city for the full list of where each application is at, with its address.

http://www.timescolo...hops-1.23150525

I would imagine that by the end of February the province will have to be close to announcing their set of rules.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 21 January 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#4257 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Vic News has a good map outlining the different stages for each shop, but it hasn't been updated since November. Will be nice to see an update here.

https://www.google.c...0269828495&z=14

#4258 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

There’s an app called Weedmaps that’s pretty good at knowing where all the retailers are.
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#4259 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,157 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

I think the fellas are referring to a rezoning status tracker.

• todd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4260 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

I think the fellas are referring to a rezoning status tracker.

Oh good one
  • todd likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users