Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#4321 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

Give/gift perhaps, but I would imagine if caught selling it to anyone you'd face some sort of penalty.

Well, I guess.  Look, it's probably illegal for me to pick up a 6-pack for a friend, then collect money from her for it when we meet up.  I'm technically re-selling alcohol.  But you see what I mean, right?  Since all of us can legally possess the alcohol, nobody much minds the off-book transaction.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 February 2018 - 05:12 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4322 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

...it's probably illegal for me to pick up a 6-pack for a friend, then collect money from her for it when we meet up.  I'm technically re-selling alcohol.  But you see what I mean, right?  Since all of us can legally possess the alcohol, nobody much minds the off-book transaction.

But you're not producing that 6-pack yourself. I am sure you will be more than welcome to buy pot from a licensed retailer on someone else's behalf and collect payment from them (just as you can with alcohol or tobacco now), but that's not the same thing as selling them some of your home-grown.

#4323 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

But you're not producing that 6-pack yourself. I am sure you will be more than welcome to buy pot from a licensed retailer on someone else's behalf and collect payment from them (just as you can with alcohol or tobacco now), but that's not the same thing as selling them some of your home-grown.

It's not legal for me to sell you apples from my tree, or apple pies I made.  I'm sure arrests are few.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 February 2018 - 05:42 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4324 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

I definitely want to try one of these VHF basement apple pies.

• VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#4325 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

It's not legal for me to sell you apples from my tree, or apple pies I made...

Those products are not strictly distributed through a provincial body like the LDB. I expect  cannabis sales enforcement to be a bit more rigid than the apple pie police.

#4326 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

I definitely want to try one of these VHF basement apple pies.

Before or after he gets his 4 allowable marijuana plants?  :lol:

#4327 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Those products are not strictly distributed through a provincial body like the LDB. I expect cannabis sales enforcement to be a bit more rigid than the apple pie police.

But either is my homegrown. My home grown is everywhere. Maybe the better analogy is my home brew beer and wine. Nobody is busting me fur selling it to friends on a small scale.
  • todd likes this

#4328 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,985 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

It is legal for you to sell apples from your tree. No license or permission required.

Matt.

#4329 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Ahhh...here it is.
Recreational retailers will NOT be able to sell their product as "medicinal". Medical marijuana will still only be legally available online. Of course since there is really no difference, I suppose most "medical" users will simply buy the recreational product.

Me thinks one will be taxed at a higher rate...

#4330 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

It is legal for you to sell apples from your tree. No license or permission required.

Matt.

No business license/zoning needed?

#4331 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

But either is my homegrown. My home grown is everywhere. Maybe the better analogy is my home brew beer and wine. Nobody is busting me fur selling it to friends on a small scale.

He does a lovely davy crockett hat.

#4332 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:48 AM

You know, thinking about my friends that smoke pot, none seem all that picky about quality, strain, origin etc.

Does the casual user care so much?

#4333 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

You know, thinking about my friends that smoke pot, none seem all that picky about quality, strain, origin etc.

No because the quality in general here is so high (pun intended)

#4334 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Just read the bit where the union said they should sell the pot because the “go through rigorous training to ensure alcohol doesn’t get into the hands of minors”.
Funny stuff. I can just see the sweat on their brows studying all night. No wrinkles Then ID. No wrinkles then ID. No wrinkles then ID.....
  • Greg and jonny like this

#4335 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

Might as well price some high some highfalutins will always go for the most expensive product.

CBD and THC content is the main thing to look at, here is a strain that is almost only CBD. Some advertise “organic”.

#4336 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,997 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

Might as well price some high some highfalutins will always go for the most expensive product.

CBD and THC content is the main thing to look at, here is a strain that is almost only CBD. Some advertise “organic”.

You can pay $20 for a bottle of beer at the liquor store if you want. Can't imagine that it represents more than 0.0001% of  beer sales however.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#4337 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

This week the BC Government released it's official plan for marijuana regulation after July 1st of this year when Marijuana becomes nationally legalized.

I agree with all of the regulations, with exception to one section......And that is "Smoking marijuana will generally be allowed in public spaces where tobacco smoking and vaping are permitted", which means that as an individual who does not smoke marijuana or use it, nor do I consent to being exposed to it........can be legally exposed to it under the new laws. If I happen to walk by or through one of these public areas where it is permitted I will be essentially exposed to it, and their is no way to know where a person may be smoking it until you are close enough to that person to be inhaling it yourself.

The BC Government here has made the mistake of basically taking the approach that tobacco products and marijuana products are essentially the same thing, which of course we all know is not true.

https://globalnews.c...ana-rules-2018/

Edited by Star Dust, 06 February 2018 - 10:31 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#4338 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

This week the BC Government released it's official plan for marijuana regulation after July 1st of this year when Marijuana becomes nationally legalized.

I agree with all of the regulations, with exception to one section......And that is "Smoking marijuana will generally be allowed in public spaces where tobacco smoking and vaping are permitted", which means that as an individual who does not smoke marijuana or use it, nor do I consent to being exposed to it........can be legally exposed to it under the new laws. If I happen to walk by or through one of these public areas where it is permitted I will be essentially exposed to it, and their is no way to know where a person may be smoking it until you are close enough to that person be inhaling it yourself.

The BC Government here has made the mistake of basically taking the approach that tobacco products and marijuana products are essentially the same thing, which of course we all know is not true.

https://globalnews.c...ana-rules-2018/

https://www.youtube....bed/Zsp0bSj_aY0

.....However, smoking and vaping of non-medical marijuana will be banned in areas frequented by children, including community beaches, parks and playgrounds....... https://globalnews.c...ana-rules-2018/

Edited by todd, 06 February 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#4339 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

Todd quoted "However, smoking and vaping of non-medical marijuana will be banned in areas frequented by children, including community beaches, parks and playgrounds"

And...... ""Smoking marijuana will generally be allowed in public spaces where tobacco smoking and vaping are permitted" Which is a heck of a lot of public space and places that I frequent.

Take note that I quoted a different section of the new regulations, and in addition take note that in my above post I stated "I agree with all of the regulations, with exception to one section" and that would be the section that I spoke on, and not the section regarding playgrounds, parks, and places where children frequent.

Edited by Star Dust, 06 February 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#4340 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:37 AM

And...... ""Smoking marijuana will generally be allowed in public spaces where tobacco smoking and vaping are permitted" Which is a heck of a lot of public space and places that I frequent.

Do you drive there?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users