* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana businesses / dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
4802 replies to this topic

#4801 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 569 posts

Posted Today, 02:40 PM

You can, but you could be fined I think $230 dollars, plus get a criminal conviction for it.  If you have a prescription for it, then no. 

But yes, according to the new laws, if you are in possession of any marijuana product that was not purchased through the LCDB then that marijuana would be illegal.

But don't worry, nobody is going to fine you, there is nobody out there enforcing it person to person. Retail outlets however will ruin their chances of being granted a license by the government.  The Minister even said on the radio that those who continue to operate today selling black market marijuana will go the the very Bottom of the pile of applications and would likely void their chance of being approved.

But the burden will be on the Crown to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the marijuana was not originally purchased legally. You don't have to prove it was legally purchased.

#4802 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 230 posts

Posted Today, 02:55 PM

So strange, I just called the BC Cannabis Customer service line, and spoke with a customer service staff, and since I know very little about marijuana the lady on the other end actually gave me instructions on how to smoke your first joint, and she spoke about the differences between Sativa and Indica and how Sativa will give more of an active effect, while Indica will give more of a relaxing effect. 

It was just so strange having a government employee actually instruct me how to smoke pot LOL. 

Super nice, super friendly, and they were in no hurry to get me off the phone. She was open to answer any questions I had.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, Today, 02:56 PM.

#4803 Nparker

Nparker
  • 20,261 posts

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

...Super nice, super friendly, and they were in no hurry to get me off the phone. She was open to answer any questions I had.

Sounds like she's been testing the Indica.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bernard, Jackerbie, Mystic-Pizza, Mike K., RFS, dasmo

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.